Setting up lightburn bridge to camera?

Hi. Hopefully this is the correct sub but I’m a new user wondering if it’s possible to use an instance of lightburn bridge running on a pi with a camera attached to pi using usb.

Would I be able to use lightburn on my Mac connected to the diode laser/camera via local network/wifi? I tried to search but was unable to find an answer. Thanks.

It will be possible, but we haven’t finished writing that part yet. The bridge itself is brand new and hasn’t even been released to the public at this time.

We’ll be releasing the disk image for people who want to set up their own hardware, likely next week, and kits will follow within a week or two after that.

5 Likes

Fantastic news… I’ve been exploring & testing all the available options to hookup usb cam & laser to pi so I can “talk” to lightburn and each has its own set of headaches and limitations.

Can’t wait to tryout the lightburn bridge implementation.

Is there a signup sheet or something for paying customers to be alpha/beta testers?

I’ll happily volunteer to be a guinea pig.

Please keep us updated on this feature! Thank you so much for providing the image for free I was able to set up my old dusty Raspberry Pi3 into something that adds amazing functionality to my laser.

1 Like

Happy to Beta test too, the Bridge works super well for my setup , The addition of the camera support would be the icing on the cake :wink:

Wow! The constant innovation is very inspirational.

Please count me as a plus one that would love to see the Lightburn USB cameras be handled by the new bridge.

Going to download the image today and try on a spare RPi. :slightly_smiling_face:

Count me in as someone happy to beta test a camera solution for the bridge. I’ve found a somewhat cumbersome way to do this using open source software, but an officially supported camera bridge would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.