Setting up on Mac

First post here :wave:t3: I am trying to set up my Mac to the laser and can’t get it to connect. I’ve tried the Ethernet route with three different IP addresses. Is there another way? Is it software specific? I’m currently running OS 10.11.6. I’ve tried on two different MacBook pros. Currently I’m cleaning the second Mac so I can download 10.15 & I need to get an Ethernet connector just to see if it connects! I’m so frustrated. Help! I’m working on a preenex 60W. I know the laser works bc I was able to connect it yesterday to my husbands windows (work) computer. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Searching this forum for “ruida ethernet faq” returned the following as the top result. I think this is what you are looking for. Check this and let us know if you are still having issues and we can go from there.

I’ve tried everything you suggested short of changing the IP address by “100” as suggested so another device doesn’t share the same IP address. My Ethernet connects to the laser but the lightburn software set up doesn’t connect. :woman_shrugging:t3:

You can double-check this by unplugging the Ethernet cable from the laser and then try to ping the laser address. If you do not get timeouts, this would indicate the address is assigned to another device.

For all who are following…I got my LightBurn to connect via USB. I believe it was a mac operating systems issue. Ethernet would not work but I was able to upgrade my Mac to the latest operating system and it worked! Thanks for helping!

My laser was working fine via USB and I wanted it to connect via Ethernet but struggled for ages with IP addresses etc. Pinged the laser and had a successful connection but LB still wouldn’t connect.
Then the light came on (in my head).
I discovered I needed to set up a “new device” which connects via Ethernet.
Previously I had been trying to configure my USB device to work via Ethernet.
So now I have 2 devices the same but with different connections.
Now all is well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.