Snapmaker A350T + 40W Module + Quick Snap Kit

Hi folks,

I was using my SM with my 10W module so far.
Today, I got my 40W modul.

Unfortunately the gCode does not match anymore. It would ram my laser bed, if I try to start any job or any material test.

Would anyone be so nice and send me his working start and end code for the SNAP Maker and the Quick Snap Kit?

Furthermore, I could not find a way to register my SM twice for each module (10W & 40w for the comfort of quick swap) as both defined SM would use the same Port (Com8). Thus, would be very pity.

Itā€™s not a problem that they register to the same port. Crate a separate device in by pushing the ā€œDevicesā€ button in Laser window. Then make sure the correct device is selected in Laser window when needed.

To make life easier, I have transferred all to

and

There is also my current material library. I hope you guys help me to keep it up-to-date!

Sorry to butt in here, but the gcode you have entered is that your gcode setting in lightburn? The Blockquote and the commented out General I etc. are confusing me (not a hard thing to do LOL) Do I just put everything from startcode to the end code in the start Gcode section in the device settings? and everything in the endocode section down in the Lightburn end Gcode setting?

Yes, it is what I am using currently.

And yes the first line is a bug which occured while writing in this forum.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons why I have put all into a Git repository. Read the documentation and download there the current code ā€¦ adapt it. Any feedback are welcomed!

PAY Attention to insert your own Z value! Else you must be very quick in rushing to your emergency button!

Many thanks to John L. and Nick P. for their first feedback to improve the gCode and as well the settings!

Oho! I see youā€™ve followed my Lightburn guide. :slight_smile: And another victim of the comments bug!

Basically a TL;DR, the snapmaker cannot handle mid-line comments and must be removed. On all movement gcode lines, remove the ; and everything after it.

This was an old bug way back in 1.15.x version of the firmware I discovered here;

and recently it popped up again with the latest 1.18.x firmware;

To properly setup the Z in the header for the 40W I outlined a new method here;

Hi Skreelink

nice to see you taking part in this discussion. Thy for your original post and nice to see you still sharing important information.

Until now, I had only issues with @ in the code and anything else was running fine for me.

Thx for the hint! I have updated the gcodes and also extended the material library there.
Btw, thank to John also for sharing his material library to merge with mine!

Infoematiker & Skreelink

Iā€™m getting a difference of opinion on the LASER HEIGHT setting in the start gcode.
I have a A350 with the quick change option and the 40W laser. So following SkreeLinkā€™s suggestion I get absolute coords at HOME on the SM controller of Z=319.00 and then dropping the focus lever and lowering it until it touched the bed a value of Z=146.6. So the Z value would be 319-146.6 + 172.4.
But Infoematiker has a value of 83.9!

I do have the emergency stop but I really donā€™t want to use it LOL

Please delete the code above, as there is already a newer version which is updated regulary in the mentioned Github-Repository. Else people would copy and paste old errors.

Furthermore, you do well to consider the z-Value twice as I have put a big warning on the lines ahead.

You can go manually and look for the z-value on your SM display (after described calibration steps by any source) or you just try out YOUR higher value.

The value which I wrote worked for me, but I am always ready to update the code. This is the main reason, why I put all my preferences to a public discussion.

I used the latest from your github. I am curious though as to the big discrepancy in the Z values. Do you have the quick swap installed? Are you using the stock A350 laser bed?

It is the regular A350T and I use the Quick Swap too.

Hey,
Iā€™m using your setup from the git repo with Snapmaker 2.0 A350T and the 20W Laser Module,
workā€™s great until I get randomly the following message in the console:

Laser security state: 0x0
Laser temp: 20, imu temp: 22, roll: 0, pitch: 0, pwm_pin_pulldown_state_: 0, pwm_pin_pullup_state_: 1

Once this appears the laser is off - but Lightburn continues with the job. If there is another M03 command in the job the laser working again.

laser security gcode trace.txt (6,6 KB)

I canā€™t find anything in the snapmaker wiki about this ā€œLaser security state: 0x0ā€.
Sometimes the output is ā€œLaser security state: 0x20ā€ā€¦

The official git repo of snapmaker does not contain the 20W laser code already :-(.

It appears if I configure as ā€œSnapmakerā€ or ā€œMarlinā€.

The only difference is, if I use ā€œMarlinā€ the Airassist is workingā€¦

Nā€™Abend Moritz :slight_smile:

Nice to hear, that my setup is also working for you!

But your issue seems to arise from another cause rather then setup.
Are your lines for the door sensor active?

Please check your door magnets! I had one broken and I am waiting for the replacement (warranty, material failure)
Luckily, I had no error message because of this, but other people reported similar error messages as a result of the magnets.

Best would be to contact the support! Let us know about the results.

Btw, what is your current Z-Value which you use?

Sounds like you tripped the fire detection. The 20/40W lasers have flame detectors in them, similar to the one on the XTool. I think you can adjust the sensitivity with Luban. I donā€™t have one to actually verify you can, though.

2 Likes

Right - forgot to mention, it is not the door sensorā€¦ happens with disabled case trigger aswell.

My Z-value is ā€œG0 Z61.1 F6000ā€.
But since the 20W Laser Quickmont is designed to fit to the Ray hight adjust, there is no endpoint in the fixture - so this value changes every time you re-install the 20W laster to the Snapmaker with quick install kitā€¦ very unsatisfying!

Sent a mail to Snapmaker Support, letā€™s see what they answerā€¦

Yes, it is annoying to do the calibration each time. Maybe, I should print an adjustment when reinserting it.

Anyway, yours is a value for orientation. Let me assert: QuckSnap on Sm A350T with 20W or Ray?

Confirm, QuickSwap-Kit on Sm A350T and 20W Laser

Yes, it is annoying to do the calibration each time. Maybe, I should print an adjustment when reinserting it.

I have a solution for this.
I put a screw into the last hole in the 20W Laser fixture.
With that scew, I always get 31.1mm Z calibrationā€¦

2 Likes

Sounds like you tripped the fire detection.

Youā€™re right - another material, all fine no issues.
Maybe my previous material was more flammable?

Maybe, could have let off more infrared/heat which the sensor picked up as fire.