Snapmaker Artisan dont Connect ?!

Hi everyone,

can someone help me to connect the Artisan with Lightburn. I don’t know why it doesn’t work.

Best regards
Mario

The first step is downloading the CH340 driver.

It is available from the Snapmaker support page:

If it is not found with the driver installed, Launch LightBurn, open the Laser window, Click the Devices button (bottom left) click Create Manually scroll down the list of options to Snapmaker with the soft capital M and select that.

Because the Artisan ships with Luban, it uses this device setting.
This will be a type of Marlin based GCode - Not GRBL. Many GRBL features will not be available to you.

I’ll move this into the Snapmaker section so other Snapmaker artisan users can help further.

Hi John,

I tried it that way, but the artisan didn’t want to connect to SNAPMAKER or MARLIN at all.

He connected to GRBL but I could only move him.

Power didn’t work.

Sorry for the late reply and I appreciate your help.

1 Like

I do not see connection with your engraver in either picture. Are you connected with a USB Cable?

Here is a direct link to the driver for your Mac.
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/snapmaker.com/download/CH34X_Driver_V1.4_Mac.zip

Inside the zip file is a set of instructions on pdf to help guide you.

With the driver installed, I expect a serial COM port with the letters wch in the name. Bluetooth is way off.

You may have more success with the driver from the company that manufactures the communications chip:

If the language comes up Chinese, don’t worry. Simply scroll down a bit and click the wide blue button with the cloud and the down arrow to download the driver. :slight_smile:

Hi John,

i tried with two MacBooks Bit ist didnt work.

Only at the First usb Port he tried to Connect but didnt connect.

Return to this screen at your convenience and select this port with wch in the name. :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t connect, close LightBurn, then re-open Lightburn.
I don’t know why, but the two Macbook M1 laptops I tested would not connect without this strange step.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.