Start Button Not Working

Using Ruida 644XG. For some reason the Start button in LightBurn will not work. Every other setting I can figure seems to be working properly, I can still Frame the image but it will not start engraving when I press Start. I have tried troubleshooting everything I can think of but it won’t work.

Which version are you using? If this is 0.9.22, and you’re connected with USB, upgrade to 0.9.23 and that should be fixed.

It is 0.9.23 and am connected through a USB, using windows 7…
I mention this because we got in 3 lasers, 2 of them are hooked up to machines running windows 7 and the third is hooked up one running windows 10. The one running 10 is perfect, but the ones running Windows 7 both have the same problem with the Start not doing nothing.

Starting with the basics, when was the last time you power cycled these machines? And how long are the USB cables?

Cycled the machines within the last hour, no luck.
USB is 6 foot, what came with the machines.

Try re-running the LightBurn installer on the Windows machines, and check the box at the end for the FTDI device driver. Let me know if that changes anything.

Ok, just did, still no change.

I am able to Send a File and the laser does see it.
But when I press Start the Pen moves and the laser fires, but
then the rotary does not move.

This again is on both lasers.

This is the first you’ve mentioned the rotary. Are you using a 6445? We’ve seen the ‘Start’ button issue with those on both LightBurn and RDWorks, when the rotary setting is enabled, so this points to a firmware issue, not software.