Stop or pause laser after finishing job

I manufacture and engrave on wine barrel heads. The question I have is this. The wine barrel head has a 2 inch lip around the edges, After the job is near complete I have to be ready to pause the job because the laser automatically homes and hits the lip of the barrel causing the machine damage. Is their a way to say stop the laser in the finishing position when job is complete?

If you use a Ruida controller this is an option in the controller itself (to ā€˜stopā€™ when finished):
Stopping head from returning home after a job - Hardware / Ruida controllers - LightBurn Software Forum

Otherwise you can set this option in Lightburn (only enabled if compatible with your control board)
Finish burn and go to home position - LightBurn Software / Tips and Tricks - LightBurn Software Forum

1 Like

If you use ā€œCurrent Positionā€ mode and set the job origin to the center, the controller should send the laser head back to the center when you finish. The ā€˜Return Positionā€™ setting Leyton mentioned is another way to do this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.