Stop or pause laser after finishing job

I manufacture and engrave on wine barrel heads. The question I have is this. The wine barrel head has a 2 inch lip around the edges, After the job is near complete I have to be ready to pause the job because the laser automatically homes and hits the lip of the barrel causing the machine damage. Is their a way to say stop the laser in the finishing position when job is complete?

If you use a Ruida controller this is an option in the controller itself (to ‘stop’ when finished):
Stopping head from returning home after a job - Hardware / Ruida controllers - LightBurn Software Forum

Otherwise you can set this option in Lightburn (only enabled if compatible with your control board)
Finish burn and go to home position - LightBurn Software / Tips and Tricks - LightBurn Software Forum

1 Like

If you use “Current Position” mode and set the job origin to the center, the controller should send the laser head back to the center when you finish. The ‘Return Position’ setting Leyton mentioned is another way to do this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.