Struggling to connect to Ruida with ethernet

Hi all,

I’m trying to change from Topwisdom to Ruida, RDC6445S(EC)

I’ve added a ruida manual connection to devices, showing laser disconnected.
Here’s my IP config, ruida IP settings, and showing i’m still unable to ping it.
For some reason it’s still showing nothing plugged into my ethernet port?

Yes the controller is powered on ha! Is there something i’m missing network wise here?

ping

Thanks,

Jonny

First photo shows the Ruida on .191

I don’t know what I’m supposed to see in the 2nd photo…

Are you going direct to the pc?

Or to your lan via a cable, wired/wireless bridge?

I use Linux, you didn’t mention, but I assume it Windows… ?

:smile_cat:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I’m on windows yeah,

Ruida is .191, laptops Ethernet port is .192

Going straight from the laptop Ethernet port into the Ruida.

I could also just go via USB, but for some reason lightburn wasn’t auto detecting anything when I was trying to search for devices that way. So had to set up a device manually and follow the lightburn guide to setting up an Ethernet connection.

Get the Ethernet to work, you won’t regret the extra time…

The pc port is setup as static at the 192 address?

Is your Internet and lan on the same domain? If so how will it tell which port to use?

I’m not sure on the above configuration with two port of access to the same lan.

I set mine up originally at it’s default of 10.0.3.3

I put my pc Ethernet port on 10.0.3.1

My concern is a conflict between the two ports…

:smile_cat:

If you’re connecting the computer to the laser directly then I’d suggest using a different subnet than what you’re using for WiFi.

You’re having a collision with routing because you’re on the same subnet.

It also looks like the IP is not actually getting configured on the computer side.

Here’s what I suggest:

1. change IP on Ruida to 10.0.3.3
  2. change IP on Ethernet to 10.0.3.100, gateway 10.0.3.3, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
  3. change IP in LightBurn for your device to 10.0.3.3

Hi Guys,

I changed the I.P addresses but still couldn’t understand why it showed no connection in the ethernet port. Found it wasn’t fully pushed in hahaha! What a sausage I am.

Using your recommended settings though so there’s no port clash, I would have still had that issue so thanks.

Jonny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.