The laser distorts shapes and characters

the laser worked well for two months. Now, however, it always distorts both the texts and the figures. What could the problem depend on?
I use Sculpfun S9 whit MacBook Pro.
Take a look at the attached file

This looks like a mechanical issue. First guess would be that one of the grub screws holding the pulleys has become loose. Check all mechanical parts:

I have checked all the mechanical parts and they seem fine, i have noticed that the distortion is always the same every execution, even if the position is different (as shown in the attached image).
Could the problem be of a different kind other than mechanical ?

This is a problem with the x axis - either a loose pulley on the shaft (grab the shaft gently with pliers and try to finger rotate the pulley) or a loose X axis belt.

1 Like

…yes it was !!!..
many, many, many thanks

…as mentioned as one of the first things in the mechanical guide :wink:

it was this…

1 Like

Best picture ever: setscrew, shaft flat, tight!

Tighten the other screw in that pulley (on the left side in the picture) to ensure the pulley stays perpendicular to the shaft. It shouldn’t wiggle around, even with the side screw loose, but don’t give it any opportunities!

Thank you too Colin and 100watt screenshot. one screw was loose by not even a 1/8 .Just tighten this punkelf and it fixed everything .Can’t believe that’s that sensitive.
These things obviously drive you crazy .You made my day m8

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, nobody believes a fraction of a turn makes any difference.

Now you know … and welcome aboard!

:grin:

I always feel like a wizard when I can pinpoint an issue down to the screw from a single photo :smiley:

1 Like

To be fair it’s almost always set screw on motor shaft or coupler. Hardest part is actually getting them to grab an allen wrench. It’s usually everything looks fine.