Thumbnails linux

I wonder when they will be able to give us the joy of seeing the thumbnails in Linux distributions.
I have read several topics and nothing that helps with that support. Could it be that it is a lack of interest?
They have said that in some distributions they do work, but they never mention which ones in order to continue investigating a possible solution to an issue that the development team should resolve.

I have realized that the .lbrn files are XML files, just like the .svg files, these have their library in the thumbnails of gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer so that I can associate the program and so that they can be seen. even many other raw files can be seen by slightly modifying the .thumbnail but the lightburn files in no way.
what’s up team? If they can on other platforms… why so much trouble for Linux and Mac?

I try looking now and then, but don’t have the patience… Ubuntu won’t show svg or dxf files in the file browser.

:smile_cat:

At one point I was researching about it, with some advances, but I abandoned it when I changed computers, and between so many things and work, I lost interest.
But I remember that Lightburn files save the thumbnail in an xml tag, and with a python script I extracted and saved them to display it, and I remember that I had problems when I modified the files, I didn’t update the thumbnails.

But I promise to get back in the ring and try to have something that works.

P.S. freecad’s thumbnail system served as a guide for me

P.S. 2: I’m using a translator, I’m sorry if you don’t understand something.

I’d love to have this work for both Lightburn and vector files, such as dxf and svg…

I’ll be listening…

Don’t sweat the translator… no problem

:smile_cat:

That’s it, I’m done and it works on Ubuntu at least, I’m going to try it on archlinux with kde plasma, and I’ll share it in a new post, warning you here.

I just had to leave my house, but as soon as I get back I do it

I couldn’t wait to get home, and while I’m waiting here, I’ve already posted it.

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/linux-thumbnail-solution/135023?u=gnukleo

@prz_laser visit my other post and Let me know anything

2 Likes

For the svg if you don’t see them, let me know that I don’t fix what’s on my pc

prueba instalando el paquete gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer, si ya lo tienes prueba agregar este archivo a la libreria en usr/share/thumbnailers, creas un fichero llamado librsvg.thumbnailer con el siguiente contenido y listo.

[Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer
Exec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
MimeType=image/svg+xml;image/svg+xml-compressed;

recuerda limpiar la cache. con eso podras ver las miniaturas .svg

nautilus -q
rm -rf .cache/thumbnails/* .thumbnails/*

dusculpa si debes usar traductor, no hablo ingles. :sweat_smile:

Try installing the gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer package, if you already have it try adding this file to the library in usr/share/thumbnailers, create a file called librsvg.thumbnailer with the following content and that’s it.

Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer
Exec=/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-thumbnailer -s %s %u %o
MimeType=image/svg+xml;image/svg+xml-compressed;

Remember to clear the cache. With that you will be able to see the thumbnails.svg

nautilus -q
rm -rf .cache/thumbnails/* .thumbnails/*

Excuse me if you have to use a translator, I don’t speak English. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

me funciono de manera sencilla y perfecta, muchas gracias bro.

2 Likes

Lo que necesites, a tu servicio :saluting_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.