Tip ‘O the Day - Two-Point Rotation / Scale Tool

LightBurn provides a Two-Point Rotation / Scale tool to help with complex alignment and scaling.

Here’s the primary use case - aligning shapes:

Snapping is covered in the documentation here: Redirecting...

and here: LightBurn Tips - LightBurn Software Documentation

5 Likes

Tried the Two-point Rotation / scale tool using the same shapes as shown in the LightBurn video.
I can align the two shapes. However the rectangle does not scale to the second point.

Did you hold the shift key down?
Is working for me.

No, I did not. I did not see where it says to hold the shift key down. But now that I know to hold the shift key down, it works fine.

We show the steps and options on the Status bar at the bottom to help, so always good to peek at that. :slight_smile:

I was using version 1.0.0.0 and the instructions did not say hold shift key to scale. Good reason to always use the latest version of LightBurn.

Always worked this way. :wink:

From the official 1.0 release announcement:

Two point rotate & scale

Lets you pick a rotation point on a shape, and rotate / scale it freely around that point. Designed to let you align one shape to another, like trying to align text to a slanted edge. Press Ctrl+2 to start the tool, and follow the prompts at the bottom of the screen.

Note the “…and follow the prompts at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.