TL-410 Chinese Laser

I decided to just go ahead and get a ruida controller. I haven’t even run a program through it yet and I find its already light years ahead of the topwisdom controller. It seems to run the machine smoother too. Just have to install a network cable and a few other bits and I will be ready to fly again.

2 Likes

@loren Which one did you get? How much was it? And most importantly, how easy was it to swap out? Did you have instructions or follow a guide of some sort?

@LightBurn Any progress on the TopWisdom support?

Seon
unexpectedmaker

None for a bit - Been trying to button up the next release.

1 Like

I ordered the 6442 off of ebay from cloudray laser. It showed up in under 2 weeks. I paid about 400 Canadian for it. I ended up having to get a 24 power supply for it as the topwisdom uses 5v for theirs. I think you can order it with the power supply so you might want to double check your setup. There was no documentation with it but I looked up the schematics for the topwisdom and for the ruida online and compared. It was pretty simple to do. I had some help from a fellow named Matt out of Australia I contacted after watching a video he made on youtube - its good to know someone else has blazed a trail before you. Its a good idea to go on your current setup and take pictures of all the settings for the stepper motors and parameters so you can transfer over to the ruida. I ended up having to use the rdworks program to upload the settings as it wouldn’t let me do that using the lcd. I haven’t run any programs yet but I have played with the movements of the gantry and I think it runs smoother than the topwisdom. I spent some time and added the network cable and now I can control the machine using the ruida software on my iphone. I also set up a raspberry pi with a camera so I can use the camera and lightburn. Unfortunately, the camera doesn’t capture all the area (1400x900) so I ordered a fisheye camera for the pi and i’ll try that. As I said, I haven’t run any cuts yet but I can already tell the controller is light years ahead of the topwisdom. If you pull the trigger and get one I would be more than happy to help you set it up. That Autolaser software is just not worth the aggravation.
Loren

1 Like

Fair enough! Progress is progress :wink: