TopWisdom questions

Done - it’s extended.

Great, thank you! I really like this software and hope to see all the kinks with Top Wisdom figured out. Question on the link for the Origin fix. When I click on the link you sent should I save it to a file or will it automatically update the software? Thanks for all your help.

Save it and run it. You might have to uninstall your current one first.

Sweet! Looking forward to trying out this new version in the next few days.
Thank you, Oz! (and any other devs working on this)

Do you anticipate fixing the Lightburn rotary use on Top Wisdom Controllers?

Yes. I can’t say exactly when that’ll happen, but assuming that I can get access to the settings, it will happen.

Please understand that this process often takes several months. We are several months in, so it’s close, and most of the heavy lifting is done at this point, but the holidays are coming, and I spend roughly 6 hours a day on support, so dev time isn’t as constant as I wish it was.

I would also like to try this relese but my test is over :frowning:

Send your trial key to support at lightburnsoftware dot com with the title of “TopWisdom Trial Extension” and we will get you sorted.

Tried out the beta today for the Topwisom controller.

The issues with the origin and coordinates has been fixed and work as expected however when the head is moved via the controller, its location is not updated in Lightburn. I still have the single line on the controller screen rather then a preview so for now i’ll just look 2 feet to the right at my computer screen to see what its about to cut.

With this beta update, Lightburn is now the daily driver for my TopWisdom cutter. I haven’t noticed any unexpected behavior.

Here’s my trial id
c7f42c83-6fc4-4d7a-86af-f6904da7632c

You shouldn’t expect it to be. :slight_smile: LightBurn doesn’t live-update the controller position on screen for any controller when a job is running.

Oooh - I was under the impression that there was a line on the preview, not instead of the preview - interesting. Can you do me a favor then? Create a simple job, like a square and a circle, in LightBurn, and create the same job with the same settings in AutoLaser, and export the OUT files from each program and email them to developer at lightburnsoftware dot com so I can compare them? I haven’t been able to reproduce this with my controller or version of AutoLaser, so I’m not sure what’s different with my files. If you’re getting this consistently, that could help. Include a link to this thread if you send the email, as it’ll likely be after the holidays that I get back into this.

Happy to help.

I’m not surprised the location of the head doesn’t update during a job, I did, however, expect it to update the position while jogging. I should have been more clear.

If you use the ‘Click to Position’ button, below the ‘A’ (font tool) on the left toolbar it should work, though that assumes that I have the ‘Get Positions’ button working for TopWisdom. I think that works, but I’m not 100% sure I do, and I’m out of the country for a week, so I can’t check.

Click to position works.

One thing of note, to get consistent behavior with the origin options I need to home the machine using lightburn, then using the controller hit the origin button. After that the origins in lightburn work a treat.

It seems that after every cut the topwisdom is doing something wonky with the origin. I cannot make a cut, move the laser to new a location and make a cut without first homing and setting the origin at the home location. If I make a cut I can start the same cut again as long as I don’t move the laser head. Moving after a cut breaks it and it must be rehomed. This holds for current position and user origin settings.
FYI

Any update on the status of the fix to use a rotary with my Top Wisdom controller?

I’m going to try to complete TopWisdom support by the end of January.

1 Like

Question on my Top Wisdom “new find”. When I run a project at 100 speed in Lightburn it actually isn’t max speed. I have to go up to 160 for max?

100 what? What are the units you are using? Speed is set as a distance over time like “mm/sec”.

So I’m assuming speed 100% is 100mm/sec?