TopWisdom questions

Any updates on the line/ starting coordinates bug(s)?

When there are updates, I will post them.

1 Like

I have a beta version that includes a fix for the origin mode issues, and might address the line on the preview as well.

This is a Win64 link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OrvCr1ICB3d5CQpqFY2rCY5Z5RB-e2KU

MacOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v-UgVmM9xgR3f3CfB1lyFrll30R8ENuY

Can a few of you try it and let me know if it fixes the origin issues for you?

Is there also a mac version of this fix? I have the TL410C controller on my 80W Vevor (Chinese red and black) laser cutter, and I have also noticed that the start position on the machine (rear right) is opposite from the start position in Lightburn. I have the latest mac os install. Cheers

Updated post with Mac link

1 Like

Excellent - Many thanks! looks like that works - Brilliant! :smiley:

My trial is out in 1 day. If I upgrade to the paid version is this fix already in the program or will I need to download this link to fix it? Also, is there going to be a fix for running a rotary on a Top Wisdom? I don’t see any rotary icons on Lightburn software.

TopWisdom support is still very much in beta, so please do not pay for it yet. If you post your trial ID here I’ll extend it for you. There is no difference between the paid version and the trial other than the time limit. The link above is newer than the paid version because it is a development release.

6c6af8b3-50c1-4de8-a6fe-68e71426d280

Done - it’s extended.

Great, thank you! I really like this software and hope to see all the kinks with Top Wisdom figured out. Question on the link for the Origin fix. When I click on the link you sent should I save it to a file or will it automatically update the software? Thanks for all your help.

Save it and run it. You might have to uninstall your current one first.

Sweet! Looking forward to trying out this new version in the next few days.
Thank you, Oz! (and any other devs working on this)

Do you anticipate fixing the Lightburn rotary use on Top Wisdom Controllers?

Yes. I can’t say exactly when that’ll happen, but assuming that I can get access to the settings, it will happen.

Please understand that this process often takes several months. We are several months in, so it’s close, and most of the heavy lifting is done at this point, but the holidays are coming, and I spend roughly 6 hours a day on support, so dev time isn’t as constant as I wish it was.

I would also like to try this relese but my test is over :frowning:

Send your trial key to support at lightburnsoftware dot com with the title of “TopWisdom Trial Extension” and we will get you sorted.

Tried out the beta today for the Topwisom controller.

The issues with the origin and coordinates has been fixed and work as expected however when the head is moved via the controller, its location is not updated in Lightburn. I still have the single line on the controller screen rather then a preview so for now i’ll just look 2 feet to the right at my computer screen to see what its about to cut.

With this beta update, Lightburn is now the daily driver for my TopWisdom cutter. I haven’t noticed any unexpected behavior.

Here’s my trial id
c7f42c83-6fc4-4d7a-86af-f6904da7632c

You shouldn’t expect it to be. :slight_smile: LightBurn doesn’t live-update the controller position on screen for any controller when a job is running.

Oooh - I was under the impression that there was a line on the preview, not instead of the preview - interesting. Can you do me a favor then? Create a simple job, like a square and a circle, in LightBurn, and create the same job with the same settings in AutoLaser, and export the OUT files from each program and email them to developer at lightburnsoftware dot com so I can compare them? I haven’t been able to reproduce this with my controller or version of AutoLaser, so I’m not sure what’s different with my files. If you’re getting this consistently, that could help. Include a link to this thread if you send the email, as it’ll likely be after the holidays that I get back into this.