TopWisdom questions

Happy to help.

I’m not surprised the location of the head doesn’t update during a job, I did, however, expect it to update the position while jogging. I should have been more clear.

If you use the ‘Click to Position’ button, below the ‘A’ (font tool) on the left toolbar it should work, though that assumes that I have the ‘Get Positions’ button working for TopWisdom. I think that works, but I’m not 100% sure I do, and I’m out of the country for a week, so I can’t check.

Click to position works.

One thing of note, to get consistent behavior with the origin options I need to home the machine using lightburn, then using the controller hit the origin button. After that the origins in lightburn work a treat.

It seems that after every cut the topwisdom is doing something wonky with the origin. I cannot make a cut, move the laser to new a location and make a cut without first homing and setting the origin at the home location. If I make a cut I can start the same cut again as long as I don’t move the laser head. Moving after a cut breaks it and it must be rehomed. This holds for current position and user origin settings.
FYI

Any update on the status of the fix to use a rotary with my Top Wisdom controller?

I’m going to try to complete TopWisdom support by the end of January.

1 Like

Question on my Top Wisdom “new find”. When I run a project at 100 speed in Lightburn it actually isn’t max speed. I have to go up to 160 for max?

100 what? What are the units you are using? Speed is set as a distance over time like “mm/sec”.

So I’m assuming speed 100% is 100mm/sec?

No, speed in LightBurn is always designated as distance/time of some sort. IE: mm/s , in/min etc. So if you type in 100 for the speed, it will give you 100 (unit of measurement)/(Unit of time) So if you are using mm/s as the unit of measurement/unit of time that 100 = 100mm/s causing the laser head to move 100mm in 1 second. You will have to figure out what your maximum speed is via trial and error, every machine will be different.

Couple of things. I run my machine to return to start point after carve. I set this on the Topwisdom controller. When I use my rotary it always returns to 0,0? Is this a know problem or do you know how I can change this? Additionally, my trial is over in 4 days and wasn’t sure if I should purchase it now or wait until you complete the Topwisdom Beta?

As for,

Send your trial key to support at lightburnsoftware dot com and reference extension of TopWisdom beta. We can sort you there. :slight_smile:

Hey.
Thank you very much to developing the top wisdom contrôler.
I really like lightburn and I would be happy to pay for the normal version.
Just tell us when ur ready.
I still have 25 day trial so it’s OK for the moment :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Ps : I bought the Lb camera… This is the exact thing my laser missing.
Thanks!!
Meow

I know you are busy but just wanted to get a status update on the completion for Top Wisdom Controllers? Are we getting close?

Yes, we are getting closer. However we also have other things in the works and priorities shift constantly. Please accept “soon”, that we will post when there is a new software update available. Having to provide per-person status updates means nothing else would ever get done.

The origin issues are fixed, I’ve added continuous jogging, and decoded some of the axis settings, as well as acceleration and jerk, and fixed a couple minor issues in the generated cut file… I haven’t figured out why there’s just a line on some displays, so I have a TL410C on order, as it seems like it’s most common on that controller. I’ve done a very cursory look at the rotary settings, but those aren’t in yet.

Part of the reason for the new controller is that I haven’t been able to actually install one yet - I think I fried part of the board that reads the limit switches, but I’m not certain - I haven’t been able to get it to read any of the switch inputs at all, which means I can’t test any of the limit or homing settings.

Progress is being made, it just might not be as fast as you’d like.

1 Like

I am sorry you ordered a TL410C. I have one that I took off my machine that I would have given you. PM me if you are interested.

It’s on a boat already. I shouldn’t need another one, but I appreciate the offer. :slight_smile:

More like in a cargo trolley waiting to be filled so that the plane can take off, but yeah :slight_smile:

I can put on UPS today if you change your mind.