Travel lines and I am set to $31 to 0, $30 to 1000, and $32 to 1

help please im using a 20W Laser Module, 5.5W Optical with my 3018 Pro and im still getting travel lines when set to Set $31 to 0, $30 to 1000, and $32 to 1.

Can you provide the following?

1. Screenshot of Edit->Device Settings
  2. Output of this command in Console:
$I
  1. For a simple design where this is happening push the “Save gcode” button in Laser window, save to a file with .txt extension and upload the file here.

![image|690x387]
pink insides2.txt (966.7 KB)
(upload://fxfbZxkN2VNdDNQuaXkykBUGqbi.png)

Thanks by the way for helping me out

I don’t see the output of $I. Can you resend? Can you add $$ output to that as well?

Also, can you take a photo of the traversal moves? So far I don’t see anything that would cause this.

Is the laser module that you have designed for the 3018 Pro or is it a generic module that you attached?

Supposedly designed for it. According to Amazon :roll_eyes:

Was just trying to determine if the wiring was potentially incorrect.

Can you confirm that you are able to modulate the power of the laser using the Fire button in Move window?

I am able to use the for button and mover functions as well. It’s seems like the least doesn’t back off between shapes

Does increasing power increase the intensity of the laser?

Can you run these commands in Console and return output?

$I
$$

Also, if you can provide a photo of what you’re seeing I’d like to confirm the type of symptoms you’re seeing.

To me it looks like the laser may only be firing at one power level.

Does increasing power increase the intensity of the laser?

Can you run these commands in Console and return output?

$I
$

$$

$I

$

You had indicated that $31 was 0, and $32 was 1 but your latest screenshots don’t show that.

Your GRBL version is 1.1f so it should be able to use laser mode ($32).

Can you try setting these again? Run these commands in Console one at a time and return output:

$31=0
$32=1
$$

Tried that. Now it’s not cutting anything at all just firing a blue light :pensive:

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded. Please make sure to have Cut window showing.

It’s likely that you’re just moving too quickly. Slow down the cut setting until a burn is achieved.

I’d suggest running through a material test to get a better understanding of appropriate settings for a given material.

i don’t think so. it was cutting basswood yesterday and i didn’t change any speeds