Trouble Installing FBLI-B-V4 controller

Hello, new to using the support forums here, as I am able to find most things on Google. So I am not sure if I am just extremely unlucky or exceedingly dense in this case.

I just got in a new galvo fiber laser. I had one previously (lower wattage). I am no longer using the lower wattage machine.

Anyhow, I go to add the new galvo the same way I added the last one (did it on 2 PC’s, so I’m at least familiar). The previous laser used the USBLMCV2 driver provided by Lightburn. It was a 20w Cloudray and I cannot find any information as the model of controller board it used.

The board in the new machine is an FBLI-B-LV4.

When I add the new one with “Find my laser” it found my laser, let me pick the markcfg7 parameter, and finish out adding it. Then immediately when done it says “Error Encountered - Disconnected”.

It still shows the USBLMCV2 - and I believe it is supposed to be the USBLMCV4. Is this incorrect?

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted more times than I can count, I have gone through the installation videos on Lightburns site, I have tried using ZADIGs uninstall and reinstall.

I would just go and download the USBLMCV4 driver, but I can’t find it anywhere.

I would be very grateful for any help that can be provided.

Thanks!

I’ve been looking at these since I read your post… I have no clue about this one particular type.

The manufacturer says it has no dongle, it’s encryption is on board… wonder if that’s an issue…?

I did find drivers/manuals at the EZCad site… too bad it appears to need a password

This one is another, but it doesn’t appear to work for me…

I think this one shows potential…

Maybe @Rick could advise… they make so many boards and this one is listed as EZCad2, so I think it should work…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thanks for the reply. Your Google-fu is stronger than mine.

If I can get Lightburn to work for now I’d be stoked, I don’t want to blast cash on a new controller until I get a little more padding in the wallet.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

And one thing I am curious to try is just getting the V4 Lightburn driver and forcing an install of it instead of the V2 it keeps trying to push in. Is there a place to download that specific driver on here? Or is it one size fits all driver?

The links I sent you do have the drivers, but you have to have a login… I suspect that wouldn’t be an issue to register and pick up the drivers…

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the same driver that we use for their other cards…

Can you see it in your device manager?

Have you tried it with EZCad to see what it says about if it connects or not?

I know the EZCad drivers are not compatible with Lightburn…

It works perfectly fine with EzCad2 Lite.

I went to install Lightburn. At that point the controller was showing as a BJJCZ device in device manager. Running Lightburn and using the Add Device wizard they have, it sees the laser as connected and allows me to add, runs through the setup normally, and then finishes.

When it finishes, and usually would automatically connect, I instead get “Error Encountered - Disconnected”. I can click on the comm and select the comm port, or change it to auto, right click devices to re-establish, same error. Power cycle all devices, same error. Uninstall and re-install windows generic driver, manually install back to the BJJCZ driver, it sees it, can re-run the install, and it does all the same all over again.

I don’t have issues installing it, or it seeing it after it’s installed. It just won’t connect to anything, just the same error over and over.

The EZCad2 drivers are not compatible with Lightburn… You can’t run them both on the same EZCad driver…

On Linux it logs what the usb is doing and I can read it… There must be something similar to that in Windows…

Maybe @Rick can save us…

This must be an explanation issue on my end… I’ll try again.

So, initially installing EzCad2 to verify it works. It installs EzCad2, quick test, lasers fine.

Move to switch to lightburn, install using Find My Device. Appears to install, but get error message when it tries to connect. Restarted everything to try and fix it, no dice, still errors when connecting. EzCad2 no longer connects because the driver has changed.

Using the provided steps, I have reinstalled a generic windows driver and then gone back to the original EzCad2 driver. EzCad2 lasers fine. I complete a few projects very awkwardly because I’m not as familiar with EzCad2.

I attempt again to switch to Lightburn, same process of using find my device… same outcome, I get the Error Encountered - Disconnected message. EzCad2 doesn’t function again, because it had gone through the Lightburn driver install.

This has been repeated several times.

The software reads this from the controller… so I’d bet it’s a USBLMCV2… I would hope the controller would know what it was. I know I haven’t seen that model till you posted about it…

Mine comes up as

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 9588:9899 BJJCZ USBLMCV4

I think we need some help… Maybe @JohnJohn can clue us in on what’s going on… since we haven’t heard from @Rick

I’d suggest you put the the Zadig drivers in… My understanding is they will allow both pieces of software to operate… With me not using Windows… It’s kind of out of my area…

Did you try the vendor for some assistance?

In investigating this issue, I see you are also working with our email support team.

This board is compatible with LightBurn. As I read it, you are able to successfully install the LightBurn driver and find the laser using LightBurn, so I do not believe the driver is the issue. To verify that the driver is correct, please show us a screenshot of how it appears in Windows device manager after installing the driver LightBurn uses (either by reinstalling LightBurn and selecting the box for the driver or by using Zadig).

As long as it looks like it was correctly installed, the next step is to try a different Fiber Type in Device Settings. Since it’s a MOPA laser, it should be either JPT or IPG_YLPM.

Thanks for the reply Rick. When I got home, someone from one of my other groups send me the Lightburn/BJJCZ driver I had been trying to find, it appears to have done the trick. I’ll try to best explain what it was doing. I am by no means a software engineer, so forgive me if it’s a bit convoluted.

In the photo, the top driver is what it was using with EzCad2. And for that purpose it worked fine. The very bottom driver is what was being installed by Lightburn and giving me the error issues. I had uninstalled and reinstalled it countless times. The one in the middle that is selected is what got sent to me. I moved it to the Windows folder, updated the driver and it connected and I was able to at least run a quick frame on a rectangle so far.

One thing I noted, it still shows up in the Device Manager as the USBLMCV2 after updating.

I appreciate everyones help so far, I’ll see if I can mark this solved, because this is at least what worked for me for whatever reason.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.