TwoTrees Rotary Roller Setup / Y-Axis

Good afternoon all… I purchase a TwoTrees 55 Pro back in January and recently hooked up the Rotary Roller… however, when I use it both the roller and the y-axis both move at the same time… not sure why this is happening.

I think you have to disconnect the axis. Should be in your machine instructions.

Does your controller board have 2 Yaxis connectors on it? And you plugged the rotary into the second Yaxis socket? This has to be true to power both at the same time.

That second Yaxis connection is for machines that have a stepper motor on each end of the gantry. It is not meant, nor set up for, using a rotary and a Yaxis at the same time. You must unplug the Yaxis motor plug to use the rotary.

If you Google it, you can find Y/Rotary switches. The intent is to save wear and tear on the connectors. For those that could not find a switch that works for them, they resort to making their own, like I did.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.