Unable to active on a second computer. Max computers reached?

I just tried to activate Lightburn on a second computer and I get the message that the maximum number of activations have been reached.

The documentation and discussion on here says that we are allowed up to 3 activations. I only currently have 1 and trying to get the 2nd.

What gives?

Update 1: I got the software via a 3rd party, TwoTrees who sent me the code. I’ve sent an email to support to associate my licence with my email as instructed and will visit the licence portal when done.
Is there anything I can do in the meanwhile?

Would be a good starting place…

If you continue to have issues after visiting the portal, I’d suggest you contact support@lightburnsoftware.com, include a link to this thread.

You can include you key if you send it to support, but don’t post it publicly.

:smile_cat:

Yes I’ve contacted support to associate my key with my email and I bought LB from a 3rd party. Once I get access to my lic portal I’ll see what’s up.

I’m in the UK and I think Lightburn are based in China? So I don’t expect a reply today.

Lightburn is a 100% USA based company
All over USA but USA :smiley:

Brilliant. I should hopefully get this sorted out today or at least access to the licence portal.

Maybe @JohnJohn can hop in here and get you going before the weekend…

Hang in there.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Rarely, a vendor will mistakenly assign the same key to more than one customer.

Single seats aren’t for sale individually at this time.

I’m going to take a quick look. The support team probably has a formal method to handle this cleanly but I’ll gather some info and hopefully it’ll accelerate. :slight_smile:

To make sure I’ve got the correct device. Is your computer named after a somewhat famous Physicist… Johannes?

2 Likes

Hopefully because I can’t do anything with my laser now and I have things I need to do. I’m hoping it can be sorted out today.

Yes it is. It’s also a telescope

I just got an update from support and I’ve been told TwoTrees have given the key out to multiple users. I’m furious about this. LB have reached out to TT, but they are notorious about taking forever to get anything done.
I have a feeling I’ll be stuck with an unusable version of lightburn and laser.

Don’t a tribute to malice what can be explained by… inc… i mean a OOPSY!
hopefully they can get back to you asap!

1 Like

Are you still on trial version?
Maybe you can reply back to support of lightburn if they can extend your trial a little bit?

Yeah that’s exactly what I’ve done and the kind person at LB mentioned this.

The Free Trial is a full-on 100% license to test everything.

You can even run several thousand dollar Big CO2 glass tube machines or an RF Fiber Galvanometer Laser; It’s all wide-open on the Free Trial.

This spoiled license issue is clearly and solidly not on you.

Once the key is re-issued properly I’ll adjust the start date if need be.

They’re a re-seller. They buy from us. They are one of our customers. I’ll keep an eye on it.

3 Likes

When this happened I sent a message on Facebook Messenger to their official page explaining the situation.
They have just got back to me and said that I’d already been given the key, which is true but they completely ignored the part where I explained they had also given the key out to other people too, possibly 2 other people actually.
I’ve had to re-explain the situation to them and they request screenshot proof via email.
I’ve provided the screenshots and also CCed Lightburn support into the situation along with the previous emails about this.

It sounds incredible and looks like LightBurn doesn’t just have the best kids in the class as customers/resellers.

Consider that you are talking with completely different teams - which is no excuse - but more so you understand the organization on companies like this
PR people on social network - that speak English - tend to be totally disconnected from the back-end people, so may times they just need some insisting to get answers.

Again, though, don’t a tribute to malice what can be just an F’ up. TRUST me i know! lol
Nevertheless, now @JohnJohn is on top of it is a matter of a little patience.

Indeed, I’m not assuming malice so far. I just know that sometimes companies in China need a little ‘push’ to get going. Especially TT who I’ve had to ‘nudge’ to get things delivered that I’ve paid for (Laser equipment)

I’ve just been given a new key and have activated it on my 2nd computer named after a type of shape @JohnJohn
I’ve sent an email to LB support to register it with my email.
Once this happens I’ll go to the portal, check things out and use the key on my 1st computer mentioned earlier.
Thus releasing the first key I had to whoever is still using it!
Fun and games!

1 Like

The plot thickens. TwoTrees gave me a replacement key and it too has also been given to multiple users too.
Coincidence?
LB has asked for another key on my behalf.