Unanle to start engraving / cutting job

first time I use your application and am suffering from how difficult it is to solve the issue, I have Ortur laser master 3 and I have downloaded your application, added the laser engraver and when I want to start the job it gives me this message “[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]”. I have searched all sites and topics in your forum but getting a solution is a nightmare!!!

I want to use the option start from current position. I don’t want to use "“Absolute Coordinates”.

I need simple solution to the issue as I am unable to engrave because the job does not start.

if this is how difficult the support is to solve the issue, we are hesitant to purchase the product! I tried all topics in the forum, zero solutions were found

This is strictly informational and poses no issues.

Is there a reason why? You haven’t stated a goal or a problem statement which makes it impossible to provide any meaningful help.

I highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the core function and operation of the laser before proceeding further. I’m getting the impression you’re jumping into attempting to use the application without having a fundamental understanding of what needs to be done. Please respect the machine. It is not a toy and can cause serious physical harm.

Here’s a link to a LightBurn video specific to your machine. I’d suggest reviewing it and many of the other good videos in that channel:

If this doesn’t sort out your issues, can you provide in detail what you’re attempting to do, what’s happening instead, and what’s preventing you from doing what you intend.

Screenshots are helpful to understand what’s happening.

hi, thank you for your reply. I an fully aware of the machine and the operation of it, thank you. I already used other software to do laser jobs.

My issue is with your application LightBurn. I can’t start the job and as I said it gives me an error message in the console “MSG:Caution: Unlocked” .

I am very clear in my ask, why I am getting this message and how to solve it. simple question

and by the way I have already done few jobs perfectly fine with the free app that comes with the outer Master 3.

the issue is in your app where I am unable to start the job, it just gives me this error in the console “MSG:Caution: Unlocked” and nothing happens next. I hope this is clear to start giving me meaningful support.

and FYI, I have not done anything on the configuration, all are default and I have seen all videos you got in this forum and seen all topics related, You never show steps by steps how to solve an issue with unable to start the job using your application with orator laser master 3 having this error message in the console “MSG:Caution: Unlocked”.

hope this is clear enough

I have seen this video and followed it to the end, it does not solve the issue and does not show anything related to the error message MSG:Caution: Unlocked.

I hope some expert user replies back to me with a solution rather than trying to reply to the post

This is not an error message. It’s informational. This is what led me to believe you were not familiar with your machine.

Because what you’ve listed is informational and not an error, the ask is not clear and the question not so simple.

Can you describe in detail what you are doing, and what exactly happens when you attempt to do that.

Also provide the following:

1. Full screenshot of LightBurn with design prepared. Please have Cut and Laser windows showing in the screenshot
  2. Screenshot of Edit->Device Settings
  3. Power cycle the laser, then capture all output in Console from power cycle forward and paste the content in a reply
  4. Attempt a burn, then copy and paste the Console content in a reply

I am simply sending a burn order via your application to the OLM3

Simple and the error message as i clearly told you

If it is only informational as you said then why the laser does not start to engrave??

Why in another application it is engraving ???

My ask is clear and simple

Am trying to engrave a file and when i send order it gives this message in console and that is it

No action from the laser engraver

By the way tried same picture with another app and it worked

So the complication is in ur app my friend

I need someone with experience in Ortur laser engraver master 3 used lightburn

If you dont have this experience please stop responding and have an expert reply to me

Am so disappointed with this level if support

I understand you are not finding what you are after, but you are providing very little technical information that can be used to determine the actual issue you are encountering. When asked specific questions, there is a reason. Folks are trying to understand what you want to accomplish and how you are going about it. You are not answering, repeating the same information is not an answer.

Here I share what we need to know to be of any help at all. Please keep in mind, we are not there to “see” what you are observing. Your words are all we have to go on. Most in your position benefit from reviewing the following:

Being aggressive is not going to work here. We are here to help to assist and help those who ‘Play nice.’ You have a choice of software. Something else might work best for you at this point.

MSG:Caution: Unlocked is typically output as the final part of a series of messages in the console - please screenshot your console window (or copy and paste the output in that window) so we can investigate further.

MSG:Caution: Unlocked simply means that the machine is now in a unlocked state. It’s a status message, not an error message. An Unlocked state means that the machine is not locked due to an error or other issue

If you can attach your .lbrn or .lbrn2 project save file to your reply to this post we’d be happy to take a look at your issue

Thanks Colin, will do :+1:

Hi all,

Let me answer all your questions as follows, hope this help sorting out why the software does not make the laser work:

Pc used : Macbook Pro
OS installed : high Seirra

Laser Machine : Ortur Master 3
Connected to Laptop via usb cable

Lightburn version 1.3.01

when connecting the lightburn to the laser machine, following is what is showed in the console:

Waiting for connection…

Project loaded in 81 milliseconds

Waiting for connection…

[MSG:25:USB SERIAL STREAM CONNECTED]

Ortur Laser Master 3 Ready!

OLF:206.

OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B.

OLM:GENERAL.

GrblHAL 1.1f [‘$’ or ‘$HELP’ for help]

ok

[ORIGIN:China]

[PRODUCER:ORTUR]

[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]

[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[OLF:206]

[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B]

[OLM:GENERAL]

[DATE:20220920]

[SN:BE2BFA8724C27204481462354F317C2A]

[VER:1.1f.20220325:]

[OPT:VNZHS+W,63,32767,3,0]

Target buffer size found

[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,WIFI,FTP,TMC=7,SD,ITG,GT]

[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]

[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]

[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]

[DRIVER VERSION:220327]

[DRIVER OPTIONS:v4.4.1-dirty]

[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[WIFI MAC:58:CF:79:A7:6A:04]

[IP:192.168.5.1]

[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]

[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]

[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]

[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]

[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]

[PLUGIN:GADGET v1.00]

ok

Homing

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:0,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24578,21|Ov:100,100,100|A:SFM|H:1,7>

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:1131,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24578,20|A:SFM>

ok

Now i added the SVG i want to print and it gives me the following in the console:

Console message while clicking on burn is :slight_smile:

Waiting for connection…

Project loaded in 81 milliseconds

Waiting for connection…

[MSG:25:USB SERIAL STREAM CONNECTED]

ok

[ORIGIN:China]

[PRODUCER:ORTUR]

[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]

[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[OLF:206]

[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B]

[OLM:GENERAL]

[DATE:20220920]

[SN:BE2BFA8724C27204481462354F317C2A]

[VER:1.1f.20220325:]

[OPT:VNZHS+W,63,32767,3,0]

Target buffer size found

[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,WIFI,FTP,TMC=7,SD,ITG,GT]

[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]

[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]

[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]

[DRIVER VERSION:220327]

[DRIVER OPTIONS:v4.4.1-dirty]

[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[WIFI MAC:58:CF:79:A7:6A:04]

[IP:192.168.5.1]

[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]

[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]

[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]

[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]

[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]

[PLUGIN:GADGET v1.00]

ok

Homing

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:0,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24578,21|Ov:100,100,100|A:SFM|H:1,7>

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:1131,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24578,20|A:SFM>

ok

Starting stream

Layer C00

ALARM:2

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

On or near line 4:

Job halted

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

ok

[MSG:‘$H’|‘$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:3:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

screenshot of the device settings:

I hope this helps to “Technically” understand why the laser does not start working when i press start.

Attached is also copy of the SVG file.
spiderman

following is the file as well

test.lbrn2 (96.7 KB)

This is your issue here. This may be due to using Current Position combined with your physical laser head position.

2 options:

1. move your laser head farther away from boundary of the laser.
  2. switch to Absolute Coords to see if that works

Also, can you confirm if you’re ever manually moving the laser head after homing? If so, do not do this as the controller will no longer know the position of the laser head. Use only the jogging controls to move the laser head post homing.

1 Like

i did not understand what or how to do second option. but to confirm, yes i move the laser head to the position i want to after homing by hand.

I want to use current position as it is more accurate to start the job.

Slow it down to about 1000 mm/m and see if that helps.

1 Like

In Laser window in the “Start From” selection you can pick “Absolute Coords”. Even if you don’t use it going forward you can use that to narrow down root cause.

Avoid doing this. After homing, exclusively use the jogging controls in Move window. This is likely to resolve the issues you’re having.

This will work also with Current Position but what will happen if you’re likely to exceed the boundary of your laser is that LightBurn will warn you prior to attempting to run the job.

1 Like

@berainlb identifies an important usage issue here. The laser homes when you turn it on, so the system “knows” where it is. Moving the head by hand changes this known position, but the software and hardware do not know you moved things. Now the system is not aligned as the software thinks, causing all sorts of unexpected behavior.

I am going to offer a stronger recommendation. Once the laser has completed a successful homing sequence, do not move the head by hand, as you will not get the results you are after.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.