Universal build of Lightburn for Mac, with native apple silicon / M1 / M2 support?

Is there a plan to have an arm64 build of lightburn for macos? I just downloaded 1.3.01 and I am prompted to install rosetta to be able to use lightburn.

It’s been mentioned that this is on the radar but no current commitment to timeline.

i’ve seen posts as such on the forums dating back to even 2020 in my searching. I was hoping to get something a little more concrete.

A more recent post even indicated that “it’s working fine” and made no mention of a native version

Well, if consistency is any comfort I’ve literally never seen the team commit to a timeline for any new functionality until the release was imminent.

I imagine native ARM builds are roughly in the same category as QT framework upgrades that require a whole lot of consideration and foresight with a lot of potential risk and relatively little payback. The value tradeoff of that vs new functionality is likely a factor in this as well.

another even more recent post says it’s on their radar still, at least.

Yeah. I guess it would be more alarming if there was indication that it’s now off their radar.

I have the same experience on my Mac Studio M1 and my MacBook Air M2. And the day will come when Apple drops support on x86/Rosetta2…

any updates? I see a new release, but it’s still not universal

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.