Upgrading from Ruida 6442 to 6445 question re vendor settings etc

I have two quick questions now that our big laser is back in order again:
Firstly, if I bought the RDC 6445 controller, can I write the saved/working/functional 6442 vendor settings and user settings to the 6445, directly, without any hassles, or must I go in and manually edit every setting in the new controller?

(other than adding in any new parameters for rotary to the U axis & a new driver for it)

Secondly, will Lightburn work smoothly with the new 6445 controller, or do I need to tell it I’ve changed things (or reinstall) from when the laser was controlled by the 6442?

Thanks.

You should be able to use the “Edit → Machine Settings” and load the previously saved 6442 data, then write it back to your 6445. The controllers are very closely related.

When you get it configured for your rotary, make sure you save that also.

I doubt you told it before you had a 6442 … I think most of the Ruida controllers are similar enough that it’s not an issue…

You should be able to restore the saved configuration and ‘write’ it back to the new controller… It should operate the same…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thanks - I was guessing the read/write, or read, import saved & write should work - but figured I’d ask.

Update: I changed the 6445 controller in, and manually edited all the vendor settings and the user ones too, because the LAN card on the PC has just died.
The new controller works fine, but for some reason the image on the console display is upside down - rotated 180 degrees,
On the PC, and on the laser bed, its normally orientated.
Any ideas on how to edit that would be appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for that link, Jack, but…
RD6445S console dispay>Menu>Controller settings>screen origin only offers me 4 choices- top left, top right, front left & front right, and clicking any simply moves where the lasered file is shown on the console, to one of those corners in the console display. It doesn’t rotate it back to the right way round.

It’s correct in the PC, and it is correct on the bed when lasered. Just upside down on the console display - which is understandably a bit disconcerting.

I nearly always keep the work origin lower left.

What I need is a ‘flip or rotate display preview’ kind of button, I’m thinking.

It and Lightburn should be set to the same corner it normally homes on power up…

Is that what you are doing?

Yes, L’burn and RD works - same. I never changed the PC, only the controller, from 6442 to 6445.
Home is back right, upon booting up.
The Console display options only move where the file is shown in the screen space, they don’t rotate it 180 degrees, which is what’s needed here.
BUT it lasers as it should - so it’s not a RD cut file problem. It’sd just the console’s presentation of the file image.

Set display origin to top-right. Then run a new file. What does display show?

BRILLIANT!
Thanks. In my previous attempts, I’d tried the other 3 options, for no improvement.
I just set it for top right, and all is normal!
Thanks heaps!