USB device not recognized, The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it”

Hello,

I’m having issue connecting to my ortur laser 15W. I get the following message:

"USB device not recognized, The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it”.

I’ve uninstalled the drivers and installed them again (VCP_V1.5.0_Win10_Win8_64bits) since I have a WIN 10 with no luck.
After the installation there is no new device in device manager. I’ve enter it manually → Device manager → Action → Add legacy hardware → adv option → Ports(COM & LPT) → Selected STMicroelectronics and Model STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (the only one available).

After doing this I get a new one installed under Ports (COM & LPT) → STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM7), but it has the following error:
"
This device cannot start. (Code 10).
The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.
".

I’ve tried with the supplied cable and with another one (5m long, worked with this all the time, no issues).

Also tried on 2 laptops and 1 desktop, all of them running on WIN 10 and have the same problem.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Marian

Hello. I’m having this exact problem and wondered if you ever found a solution?

Hi. Yes, the motherboard was faulty. Ortur send me a new one and everything is fine.
Cheers!

If the usb port is not protected by esd protection circuits, it is very likely that sensitive components such as microcontrollers will be damaged, as seen on poor electronic boards.