Useless software?

So i have been trying the software with the new Ortur LM3.
I have to date not finished a single item.

NON STOP errors.
Out of bounds - this is always, bed is setup for 400x400mm, i can place the item in the middle of the bed, i can frame it, great it frames the whole item, start the print and then Lightburn just stops with this error…

Bump detection - same a above, randomly stops.

Stops for no reason with NO ERROR, just shows running, timer still going, laser light off.

so many people are recommending this scrappy software, atleast there is a trail so i didnt waste money.

I have been on forums for the last 2 weeks, trying everything. NOTHING IS WORKING.

BUT, use free software, Inkscape and LaserGRBL, Works like a dream, but a hassle to setup.

If i can get this software to actually work then ill buy it, but right now, NO

Learn how to set it up and use it before you knock it, and with that attitude you are only going to put people off helping you. You’re not going to find better software.

5 Likes

I am also using a new (July 2022) LM3 via USB connection and all is working great.
One thing I have done is to disable the Gyro sensitivity ($604=0) because I was getting annoying bump errors when moving “fast” (>300mm/s).

1 Like

It is more than likely some problem with how the machine/software is configured. We’ve all been in the ‘frustration zone’, when that happens, have a cup of coffee or something… you probably won’t fix it in that state.

You will find the is no better software for lasers… I’m cheap, Lightburn is one of the few items I actually pay for and have no issues especially after using other software.

Maybe @OrturTech, Gil can hop in there and get you up a little quicker, he’s pretty much a wizard with these machines…

Also take the issues one at a time, otherwise it can be overwhelming.

Hang in there, we’ll get you up somehow and you’ll love Lightburn…

:smile_cat:

3 Likes

Hi CJ,

As @brewster mentioned I’d recommend disabling Gyro sensitivity ($604=0) if you’re getting bump errors. Moving the gantry at the limits of speed can cause this to trip.

If you change your “Start From” point to “Absolute” and repeat the steps that cause the out of bounds error, do you still get the error? If so, please attach a copy of the file that’s causing this so we can take a look on our end.

The stopping without an error issue is likely USB related - what is your connection setup like. Are you using any hubs or USB extenders? They can cause issues with USB connections. You may also want to try installing the CH340 driver just in case.

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ortur LM3 WiFi access

Just realized i tagged the wrong person @Boerewors

3 Likes

Thanks for helping get this back to the OP issues, Gil. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know, not normally like this but its been an uphill battle for the last 2 weeks.

Thank you @brewster . I have not tried this. Workstation is very stable and no way of falling anywhere, will give this a go. been busy with a cut on LaserGRBL for the last 3 hours, so will try when its done.

@jkwilborn . agree, running on coffee. What ive used on LB sofar is awesome, I do everything in it, then save the Gcode to run on LaserGRBL.
Love LB already.

Hi @Colin . Thank you. I will disable the Gyro after the current cut completes.
Start from is 0,0 i believe, i did play around with a different staring position but gave up and reset everything to default.
Using Absolute already, much easier with it on.
Using exclusively Wi-Fi. PC and Laser is a window apart, don’t want cables through the window.
No extra drivers installed.

To clarify, are you using TELNET connection on lightburn to talk with the OLM3?

Hi Gil @OrturTech .
I will also install this firmware update.
Been looking to see when an update will come out.
Estimate time for my current cut in LaserGRBL is 3h30min, but its 01:30 here already, so ill try in the morning to install the firmware and disable the Gyro and provide feedback soonest.

@OrturTech Yes i am using telnet.

well this might explain it
1.2.01 has a bug that wont let you do raster via WIFI
fixed 1.2.02 future version

1 Like

@OrturTech , Great! atleast i know there is a fix for it :).

I will wait for LB 1.2.02 to be released.
Do you have an estimation on an Eta? not familiar with LB update intervals yet.

Thank you for the assistance.

i couldnt speak for Lightburn officially, i heard days. but best for the support team to reply on that

We don’t have a timeline on the official release but I will DM you with a link to the beta to get you up and running on the condition that you let us know if you have issues - it is a beta, after all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this forum awesome or what?

:smile_cat:

4 Likes