Useless software?

Hi Gil @OrturTech .
I will also install this firmware update.
Been looking to see when an update will come out.
Estimate time for my current cut in LaserGRBL is 3h30min, but its 01:30 here already, so ill try in the morning to install the firmware and disable the Gyro and provide feedback soonest.

@OrturTech Yes i am using telnet.

well this might explain it
1.2.01 has a bug that wont let you do raster via WIFI
fixed 1.2.02 future version

1 Like

@OrturTech , Great! atleast i know there is a fix for it :).

I will wait for LB 1.2.02 to be released.
Do you have an estimation on an Eta? not familiar with LB update intervals yet.

Thank you for the assistance.

i couldnt speak for Lightburn officially, i heard days. but best for the support team to reply on that

We don’t have a timeline on the official release but I will DM you with a link to the beta to get you up and running on the condition that you let us know if you have issues - it is a beta, after all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this forum awesome or what?

:smile_cat:

4 Likes

Thank you @Colin , Downloaded and will install in the morning.

@jkwilborn YES it is! did not expect this level honestly. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had a similar issue to the OP, Just linking this here in case it’s helpful, my solution is the last reply in the thread.

I also set the transfer mode to synchronus (in Edit>Device settings) just in case: What is Buffered vs Synchronous Transfer Mode

Also that note I have about adding $H to your start gcode, could be the fix for your bounding error, depending on the cause of it.

1 Like

One thing I learned is that “out of bounds” errors are caused by the laser head trying to go beyond the defined machine limits when doing raster operations. The process includes overscan because the head can’t stop instantly. This means you can do a vector operation and it works fine then do a raster operation on the same work piece and get an out of bounds error. Makes sense but was not obvious to me for a while.

THANK YOU @Colin COLIN, for the updated exe, Been busy with work so only had a chance to test now, been running for 40 mins and no issues.
I will DM you if there is issues elsewhere, but seems 100% sofar, going to try everything i can.

Thank you @OrturTech for mentioning the Wifi issue with the current stable release.

4 Likes

Overscan works a bit differently between a grbl (Ortur) and a dsp controller like a Ruida.

The dsp will compute the overscan, mine refers to it as a ‘slop’ error. On a grbl it’s externally computed by the software.

This is probably a reason that the dsp types have to have the complete job loaded on the controller, not streamed like a grbl machine.

:smile_cat:

Did not know that’ Excellent insight!

Hi

Could I also get the link?

I’m trying to run my OLM3 over wifi. Fails to complete most jobs.

Cheers

Mark

1 Like

1.2.02 is required as stated above, should be out very soon

[Boerewors], I hope you got it sorted out. Lightburn is definitely not “useless software”. Too many people using it and too many how-to videos say it is not useless. Read or watch tutorials, ask questions, and you will find Lightburn is way ahead of whoever is in second place. It is awesome that it can work with so many DIFFERENT machines.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
Yes I know. I was frustrated beyond belief as I have tried so many different things before I posted on here.
Within the thread you will see that I received the assistance needed. Can’t go without LB, nothing else comes close.

That deserves an Amen!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.