User Introductions

Thank you!

Blairsville, GA USA
Monport 40w laser, just ordered it today to replace an Ortur Laser Master 2 S2
Other than messing around with LightBurn a little with the Ortur, I’m completely clueless.
Hobbyist, possibly small business if I can figure it out lol

2 Likes
  • Germany/Stuttgart
  • AtomicStack X40 MAX
  • LB Experience = ZERO, all the way from scratch but the family and friends say that im a nerd :smile:
  • First as a hobby, maybe in some month more because i would love to make my own buisness thats because i bought it
  • Amount of Experience with Laser, ZERO (same as above)
  • Dont have any other Equipment (my brother has 3D Printer if this counts ?)
  • Dont have E-Commerce Store, first i would love to get some Experience with my Laser and then maybe i look further into building up my own Shop and getting customers, i think i will have a look what the ppl want to buy on a christmas market first or if the industrie needs still barcodes on metal plates as a example

1 Like
  1. Cape Coral, FL
  2. K40 with a C3D board and an xtool S1 and F1 on the near horizon
  3. LightBurn since the early beta days as one of the volunteers on the original documentation team and an early adopter for Cohesion 3D
  4. Hobby and part time business user
  5. about years with the laser on and off
  6. Currently have a small xcarve CNC but also have a larger shapeoko and a larger xcarve in various states of disassembled around the shop from old projects
  7. Not laser related - just my custom fountain pens.
1 Like
  1. Wuppertal, Deutschland.
  2. Xtool S1, Ortur Lm2 Pro
  3. 1 Jahr
  4. Hobby und Kleingewerbe meiner Partnerin
  5. 1 Jahr
  6. CNC Eigenbau in Aufbau
  7. MicoShopDE - Etsy.de
1 Like

Update to the arsenal.

xTool P2 55w CO2
ComMarker B4 20w Fiber

1. Hawera, New Zealand
  2. nice old VyTek FX5151 40W & new clunky AccTek AKJ1530H 130W :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  3. No LB experience yet but hoping it just might run both machines (advice anyone?) :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
  4. 2D engraving on whiteboards
  5. 10 years using LaserWorx to run the VyTek laser
  6. no other equipment
  7. online store:
    https://www.whiteboardsnz.co.nz

Pete here from Wanganui :wink:
Looks like the AccTek has a Ruida controller which should be fine, just not sure what the controller is for the VyTek.
I’m assuming you’ve downloaded the trial version? Should be very evident using “Find my Laser” in the setup.
I come from an engineering trade with CNC background and with the CADCAM experience find Lightburn very intuitive to use.
Trust you’ll enjoy using LB as the rest of us do.