User Introductions

1. Location (City, State): Memphis TN USA
  2. Laser owned (Model,Type, Year purchased): Ortur Laser Master 3. On it’s way!
  3. LightBurn Experience (how long have you been using LB? Or are you just learning about it?): 1 hour
  4. Principle Use (Hobby, Full time production, Part Time Production …): Hobby, then who knows!
  5. Amount of experience with laser: 0 hours
  6. Other computer controlled equipment (CNC …): Would love to.
  7. Web Based Store (Yes/No maybe the URL?): No
1 Like

I am a brand new user from Prudhoe in the UK

I Have an atomstack A5 pro laser, I’m a hobby user

I have no experience of the machine or the software so will probably be asking a lot of questions

2 Likes

Mazatrol - love it or hate it?

(also a machinist here)

Love it. Used to run a Mazak 630 Variaxis. Used both Mazatrol and ISO import from Delcam.

1 Like

Hi everyone

1. Manchester, Michigan.
  2. Monport 60w CO2. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. Also have a sculpfun diode for a year or so
  3. LightBurn Experience is about a year, but really just learning with the new laser.
  4. Principle Use -Hobby, potential future business opportunity
  5. Diode- 1 yr, CO2 a 1 wk
  6. Other computer controlled equipment - CNC router and 3D printer
  7. Web Based Store not yet

Hi Everyone,
I’m John from Texas. I bought a ComMaker 50w Galvo laser. I use an Acer laptop with windows 10 and this is my first time using Lightburn with it.

1 Like
  1. Elizabethtown Kentucky
    2 enjoywood 10
  2. Few hours of experience, new to laser engraving
  3. Casual hobby.
  4. 0% experience
  5. No other computer controlled equipment
  6. No url, no intention of having one.
2 Likes

Hi guys. My name is Davy Jeroncic. (I am a girl :lol: ). Me and my husband, we just bought Sculpfun S30 Pro Max from 6. January.2023. I know nothing about lasers yet but I’m looking forward to learning and sharing. I just download LightBurn and just start to learn. Your videos are really helpful. Many thanks for that. Hope that in the future I will be able to contribute to the community.

1. Location: Kranj/Slovenia/Europe
  2. Laser owned: Sculpfun S30 Pro Max, 2023
  3. LightBurn Experience: I just download LightBurn and just start to learn.
  4. Principle Use: Just Hobby
  5. Amount of experience with lasers: I know nothing about lasers yet but I’m looking forward to learning
  6. Other computer-controlled equipment: 3D printer
  7. Web-Based Store: no
3 Likes

Hello y’all. My name is Randy. I am a USAF Veteran of 16 years and retired from FEMA (Federal Emergency Managment Agency) and the Alabama Emergency Management Agency. I am “semi-retired” and only work two days a week to keep money to play with coming in. I’m also a Commercial Pilot/Flight Instructor (retired) and own a 1946 Ercoupe 415D. I love flying more than pretty much anything else. I was looking for a hobby I could do at home when I’m not flying or working and discovered Laser Engraving. I am not opposed to being paid for my laser work, but for now it is just a hobby. I’m looking forward to one day being able to do one-tenth of the stuff Rich at LA Hobby Guy or Clack from the Clackshack do.

1. Located in Eclectic (Elmore County), AL
  2. Atezr P20 (diode) purchased Jan 2023
  3. Newby to LB and trying to learn nuances.
  4. Principal Use: Initially as a hobby. But, I’m semi-retired and would not object to selling creations.
  5. Amount of experience with laser: See #2 above (except for the laser pointer I torment the cat with)
  6. Other computer controlled equip: None
  7. Web Store: No, not yet anyway.

Looking to learn as much as I can so that the frustration level (learning curve) decreases.

4 Likes

Welcome :+1:

My name is Craig, my small business is The Laserjacks

1. Location Windsor, ON, Canada
  2. Laser owned (Ortur LM2P - Oct. '21, Omtech 80W, Jan '23)
  3. LightBurn Experience - Always learning - TAKE MY ADVICE, READ THE FULL MANUAL
  4. Principle Use - Part Time Production - Hoping for full time some day!
  5. Amount of experience with laser - October 2021 start
  6. Other computer controlled equipment - none
  7. Web Based Store - Well, not a store but where I showcase at the moment - https://www.instagram.com/thelaserjacks/

So grateful for this community and the willingness of so many to help.

2 Likes

Hi,
My name is Katrina.
I live in Sydney Australia.
I got my first laser about 5 months ago - a Sculpfun S9 for a hobby.
I have very little laser or LB experience and very little general technical knowledge.

1 Like

How are you getting along with your fiber laser? Did you find information on settings?

Russ Sadler has some great videos on both co2 and fiber lasers…

There is also laser everything seem to have a lot of information…

Got mine < month ago… steep learning curve… even with the co2 I have this is quite a different animal.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Hello to all. Here the COYOTEgrab :wolf:

1. Location:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
  2. Laser owned
    OMTech 55w CO2 Laser (Nov 2020)
  3. LightBurn Experience
    Nov 2020
  4. Principle Use
    Personalized grill/charcuterie boards and tumbler engraving
  5. Amount of experience with laser
    Around 4years
  6. Other computer controlled equipment
    Not yet, later would be CNC
  7. Web Based Store
    https://www.instagram.com/coyotegrab/
1 Like

Good morning,
I am in Derby UK and I have just purchased a Foxalien Reizer 20W laser engraving machine. On recommendation from a friend I have downloaded Lightburn on the free trial at the moment but obviously going to purchase a licence at the appropriate time, so I have a little experience in as much as I have engraved a couple of images, and yesterday I traced an image and engraved that onto the side of a pocket knife.
The principle use is as a hobby but you never know, if I get the hang of it I might do some arty / craft things to sell.
I have the same amount of experience with the laser.
I have no other CNC machines or a web based store (yet)

Nice to meet you all Mick

Had not seen this thread before…how fun!

I’m Gary Morgen and I run a one-man custom furniture shop in Purchase NY.

• I’m located in Purchase, NY (Westchester - 30 mins north of NY City)
  • I’m using a 7w JTech Diode laser - which is also where I heard about Lightburn
  • Been a LB user for about 4 years
  • I’m using LB as part of my full-time custom furniture business. LB has a variety of uses within my shop, from design and layout; to burning logos; to etching inscriptions, names, initials, etc.
  • My usage is somewhat limited, but what I do use, I use fairly often
  • My laser is attached to a Shapeoko 3XXL CNC machine
  • Not a store, but you can see my work at: https://www.morgenwoodwork.com
  • Gary
1 Like

Hello,

My name is Darrell, but my friends and family usually call me Kornbr3d or Alabama! I live in the beautiful Owen Sound, Ontario but I’m originally from Mobile, Alabama.

I’ve wanted a laser engraving machine for years and have read lots about them and knew upon purchasing that I’d be getting LightBurn. I purchased a xTool D1 Pro not realizing at the time that it’s a proprietary machine and it’s source code is not open to the public. Even the wifi is locked down behind their firmware and only able to be used with their own application. I have 30d to return it and may do just that if I can find a machine built as well and offerers the same 20w output laser head. :blush:

Laser owned: xTool D1 Pro 120w(20w-output)

LightBurn Experience: 2 days

Principle Use: Hobby to cure boredom. Possibly make some money in the future.

Amount of experience with laser: None in this context.

Other computer controlled equipment: Just home automation stuff. Cameras, Google Home, etc.

Web Based Store: Coming soon@ www.kornbr3d.ca. Site is currently being built for an upcoming podcast I’m working at getting going.

3 Likes

Nova Scotia Canada
diode laser
complete newbie
Hobby only
zero experience

2 Likes

North Carolina
Diode Laser
Completely Clueless
Bane of my existence
Lots of aggravating experience with few successes

1 Like

@dssfire @kornbr3d @GJM @Rifca @paulidh Welcome to the forum everyone!

@RobinNC That sounds frustrating - feel free to contact us at Support@LightBurnSoftware.com and we can get you helped out, or we have many resources available to help you get started - including the forum you’ve made your way to now!

Our YouTube Channel is a great place to start off: LightBurn Software - YouTube

Also, our documentation site is very comprehensive: LightBurn Software Documentation

Lastly, we have a Feature Request Site ~ Vote for or suggest feature additions helping us prioritize our development efforts: https://lightburn.fider.io/

4 Likes