Version 1.0 - MacOS issues with Ruida

I am having an issue - it was an update and now when I send to the laser nothing appears in the send list.

Iā€™m having the same problem. I used the previous version no problem. I have a MacBook. Similar problem to what happened a few months back with a version upgrade.

1 Like

Are you connected with USB? MacOS does not play nice with Ruida controllers over USB, and never has, honestly.

I have a cord plugged in from the pc port on my laser to usb on my Mac.

When you say, ā€œI used the previous versionā€ do you know which version number that was? My MacBook Pro, running Mojave, has no issues right now sending via USB to a Ruida controller, but MacOS has always been a bit spotty with USB / Ruida.

Check the port list to make sure you have a port showing up (Click here in blue - itā€™ll say (Auto) on your machine):

Power cycle the machine and try again - if the port is locked, this may help.

I replaced it once I downloaded the upgrade so Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a way to figure out which one that was? But Im almost positive it was the most recent version prior to 1.0.

Honestly I donā€™t know but it was downloaded in June so likely the last version before this one

I am connected via USB - always have been. I cannot get lightburn to connect via wifi

I have auto showing up and I have rebooted the machine multiple times

You mean you ONLY have ā€˜Autoā€™ showing up there, and nothing else? (and reboot means shutdown, not just sleep/wake - just making sure thatā€™s clear)

my macbook pro is running catalina - I can upgrade to big Sur if you think this will help

I have completely turned off the laser - waited 5 minutes and turned it back on - a REBOOT.

I have this showing up

For devices, mine is set to auto. There are 3 other options under auto - cu.Bluetooth-incoming-port, cu.cricutair2, and cu.usbserial-agojfm7m7p.

I have it on auto which is what Iā€™ve always used and itā€™s set to the correct (and only) laser. Iā€™ve completely shut down and restarted my mac and the laser.

1 Like

You always will. What shows up when you CLICK the ā€˜(Auto)ā€™ drop down. Do you see anything in that list?

also have these options

Try choosing that one.

Try this - disconnect the Ruida, then right-click the ā€˜Devicesā€™ button, and then click the ports list again. Whatā€™s now missing from the list, if anything?

Plug the USB back in, then right-click the ā€˜Devicesā€™ button again, and open that list, and select whatever was missing and has come back.

(Right-clicking the ā€˜Devicesā€™ button re-tries the connection and re-builds the list of connected things)

That didnā€™t do anything different

When I did this, the usb one is missing.

I now have cu.usbserial-AR0K2EIJ as well
however choosing it doesnā€™t make any difference - still nothing in the file list