Waiting for connection... Marlin 2.0.x stable

Hi there,
I’m struggling with the connection of my selfmade LED-Laser running on Marlin 2.0.x firmware.
When I connect the USB and start Lightburn I am not able to connect the machine.

A workaround what I found so far is:

1. Open Pronterface Software

2. Connect via Pronterface – this works like a charm

3. Disconnect Pronterface

4. Open LightBurn and bam… It’s connected

Here the Link :
Pronterface DL

Maybe someone has the same issues and found a direct solution for this problem.

BR
M1000

Have you tried to ‘right click’ on the ‘Device’ tab in the Laser window?
This causes Lightburn to attempt to re-connect to the device.

:smiley_cat:

Thx for the tip but unfortunately the reconnect is also not working. With my old controller with some grbl firmware it was immediately connected.
Thought someone else who is working with Marlin knows that behavior.

BR
M1000

When you plug in the controller to the pc, does windows give you the tone that says it ‘sees’ it?

Yes I get the tone that the controller is recognized and also a removable device is displayed as the Marlin FW shows the content of the SD Card in windows as a USB-Stick device.
Could this probably be a reason that it is not connecting propperly that Marlin shows COM6 Device + USB-Storage Device?

I’m not a windows person, so I don’t know how it would look on a windows machine. When this worked previously did windows display something similar?

Actually It never worked just right away with the new Marlin fw board. There I always have to start first Pronterface software connect, disconnect and then open lightburn.
With my previous controller with some chinese GRBL Firmware it was connected directly.

Is there maybe something wrong configured in Marlin fw what I oversee so far?

My baudrate is 250.000B/s

If you have to connect the other software and quit out of it to use lightburn, it’s not lightburn. Sounds like there is some kind of driver issue. The software makes standard calls, so it’s shouldn’t matter if the driver is set up properly.

I’m out of suggestions at this point. Let’s hope someone drops in with a Marlin that can be of more help.

1 Like

Ok thx for your reply and the hint. I will further investigate on the driver and let you know if I can find a solution.

BR
M1000

I have the same problem, have you solved it?

Unfortunately not…still have to use the workaround… but it’s annoying

1 Like

Have you tried lowering the baud rate a bit? Are you powering your board only with USB or do you have an external power supply?

I am in contact with the developer of the laser module for Marlin, he told me that the problem seems to be on the boards that mount the LPC1768 and LPC1769 chip, which board are you using?

I have the MKS SGen L V1.0 Board with LPC1768 Chip

Now you know why, however it was reported to the Lightburn programmers, hopefully they fix it soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.