What is the current development situation for Lightburn support for Duet 3 controller?

Hello Development team. I am considering changing my 8bit controller on my Shapeoko SO3 CNC machine for a Duet 3 controller. My current setup runs well and I use a JTech laser without issues. Please tell me whether Lightburn has developed a solution for Duet 3 controllers? Thank you.

Problematic controller 8 bit so no 4th axis which is something I want to try and use. .32bit controller means more microsteps, smoother movements and greater precision.

My quick search shows the following as the latest :slight_smile: :

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Rick. I am going to see if I can address my controller using something like UGS. I know that it will not be able to fix my desire to run a 4th Axis. I hope that it could stop my random Z axis plunges, which are far to dangerous to leave without some form of solution.

I like my current set up a lot and my JTech laser and Lightburn are a marriage made in heaven. Has anyone successfully hooked Lightburn to a Masso? I really appreciate Oz for being so open and honest about this stuff and I am not unhappy that I decided to use this great software. I am not sure I understand it correctly… does GRBL mean that a fourth axis cannot be added?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.