What single line font do you recommend?

I’ve been using a single-line font for a while now that I downloaded from somewhere. I believe it’s called OLFModA.

It’s a nice, plain font, but I have to write my text, break apart, delete duplicates, then join selected shapes to put it all back together again. If I don’t go through this procedure, each letter is cut twice.

So, is there a single-line font I can use that is just that…all single lines?

Thank you.

I would suggest using SHX fonts, as they are not “faked” single line fonts like most TTF / OTF based “single line” fonts. TTF and OTF fonts are required to be closed shapes, so they have to have a “return line” - basically everything is a line in one direction and then the opposite line coming back.

SHX fonts are actual single line vector fonts, and they’re supported in the more recent versions of LightBurn.

3 Likes

I’ll check that out. I’ll let you know the result.

Thanks Oz! :slight_smile:

Hello, How do you use the shx fonts? I can’t get them to load as a font and Lightburn doesn’t “see” them when you type in fonts.

This is worth review, Fonts and Text - LightBurn Software Documentation

The manual page @Rick linked helped me, but I found that a folder called “SHX fonts” did not work, I had to make it “SHX-fonts” (ie, no space) for the SHX fonts to show up in the LightBurn font list.

The Dropbox folder had a wide range of single-line fonts, I ended up going with CDM_NC.

Thanks guys!