When Duplicating Object, Outside Cut Line Shifts

I am having trouble with the elder cutline shifting when I duplicate several objects. It seems to happen when I get over 10. I copy and pasted every single image as well. I never have trouble unless I go to do more than 10 or so. Also if you will notice it is just the outside cut line and its not having trouble with up and down alignment but rather shifting right. I never have trouble until i go to duplicate something… Has anyone had this trouble? Please see image & Attached File. Thanks

UPDATE: 2/19/21 I have been all night testing and what I have came up with is if I will actually copy & paste the object instead of using the Array Tool or Duplicate, then everything works fine. Could anyone explain this to me??? I have wasted so much material but I go it to work.

UPDATE: 2/19/21 So after more testing the problem still remains. I have tried so many things until I am not sure what is going on. I got one batch of 12 to turn out but when I go to 20 then everything goes bonkers. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Using Lightburn and the Ruida RDC6445G

Wood Keychain.lbrn2 (617.4 KB)

Can you also post the file used? Maybe my eyes deceive me, but it looks like the holes are not round, and not uniform?

It looks like you have either a very loose head or something wrong in the belts/motors.

Willie,
Thanks for responding. I have attached the file in this reply. Yeah I’m scared you are right. I’m new to this and not sure what to look for but I will check and see if anything is loose.

Wood Keychain.lbrn2 (617.4 KB)

Checked Head and everything else and everything is extremely tight… Also, If it was a loose head would not the whole engraving be jacked because it appears it’s only that outside line

So an Update. I have been all night testing and what I have came up with is if I will actually copy & paste the object instead of using the Array Tool or Duplicate, then everything works fine. Could anyone explain this to me??? I have wasted so much material but I go it to work.

Were these designs originally done in another program and transferred using DXF? If so, might be related to this issue discussed in another Topic. The symptoms are actually a bit different so not certain but may be something there. The commonality being that behavior between cut/paste and duplicate are different. In the linked Topic you can actually see the variance in the design. I don’t notice the problem visually in your design, however. Is the issue only seen on the actual burn?

The referenced Topic:

1 Like

When you duplicate, it produces an exact duplicate on top of the original.

If you just ‘drag’ it off you will have the duplicate. No need to copy and paste.

Do you have 10 duplicates stacked on each other…?

The array option, if it does what you want is best.

Be aware of the ‘virtual array’ setting in that tool.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.