Why are my tabs not right

This is a downloaded file and the Dmensions are 5" high x 4" wide 2.38" high, I put the dimensions in X-Y and checked each piece of the box for correct dimensions. I am at a loss
100_0012

Can you upload the file that you downloaded?

The sides of your box have tabs that poke outwards, while your box base doesn’t. If you enter the same width for the sides and base then your base will be short the width of your tabs on either end. The Measure Tool might be helpful to you! Or potentially not changing the downloaded file. Where did you get it from?

I would think that if I kept the measurments the same there would be no problem I also tried to cut as I received the file but that did not work. I am not worried about the tabs sticking out to far as sanding is not a problem
B_Hollow_Frame_Fitted_2a

The fi�ed box has a simple flat lid that rests on the
base. Op�onally, you can use magnets to hold the
lid in place. A bit of glue is required for the top
layers.
Internal Dimensions: 4.25” wide, 3.25” deep, 1.63” high
External Dimensions: 5” wide, 4” deep, 2.38” hig
the slots and tabs where the sides come together are ok

Are you able to upload the LightBurn file?
It might help us check it.

It is late I will work at it tomorrow

1 Like

Sleep well!

This is what the designer had to say,“Sorry for the delay in replying! Glad you got it figured out, but you shouldn’t have to resize any of the designs; adjusting the dpi import should make the process a lot easier in the future.” I am going to try it again run just as it was sent to me, I just have to find where I can set my DPI

He probably means this, but it just sounds a little strange to me.
What kind of format did you get?

The SVG file looks like it came out of Inkscape. See picture for how SVG import should be set.

I haven’t seen a 3D of what the finished product looks like, but it appears that it was created for 3mm wood. However, the tab sizes were manipulated (made larger) to compensate for the beam width.

Do you have the actual import file? or how did you find out?

@algot put the SVG data above in the message.

oops, I overlooked that one

1 Like

I got PDF and SVG and I loaded the file in SVG Here is what he tld me quote"The designs should fit together for 1/8" or 3mm materials without any resizing.

When cut, the base of the box should measure exactly 5" x 4". If those measurements are off, it’s possible that the file did not import correctly into your software. If you’re using Lightburn, the software may be importing the files at 96 dpi when they are actually 72 dpi.

If that’s the case, you can go into Settings > File Settings > SVG Import Settings, and change that value to 72 dpi. The imported SVG files should then work as intended. I recommend cutting just one piece of the design to ensure that everything is working without wasting materials.

If the dpi is not the issue, let me know what the measurements of the base are in your software and after cutting, and we’ll see if we can track down the problem.

Here is the link hope it works Dopplers Boxes

I will process/adjust the drawing and prepare it for 3mm plywood. It is (for me) somewhat easier to work with in millimeters :wink:
What material/thickness will you use?

The distances between slots in the base and top that was in your SVG do not match the tab distances in the side panels. Can you attach the PDF that you received?

I just cut the floor pattern and it is right on both Y and X, when I went looking for DPI it was set at 96 dpi, I am going to cut the 5" x 2.38 or 2-3/8. Here is the PDF; Well I tried but it will not let me post the PDF.
Just burned a line for the end piece and I used a caliper in mm, measurment wa taken from the middle tab . reading is 59.76mm

Try putting “.txt” after “.pdf”,
…for me it’s bedtime, it’s midnight here.

I have tried a new box and left it alone excpt I had to do a bit of measurement fiddling, when I open the program (SVG) the hieght and width are off according to the instruction which state Height = 5", Width = 4" and the depth is 2.38" and LB shows the W = 3.9862, H = 4,9862. Should I go with LB size or the instruction size?
How can I tell which is out of specs the Bottom/Top or the walls/Sides? I have a call to the designor also. I am going to switch to using veneer (12"x12") sheets instead of the expensive Bass Wood. Have a great weekend and tonight on you tube or Face at 9:15PM you can watch Live on Patrol with the Ramsey County MN. Sheriffs Office