Will this camera work

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SPAY4O0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will this camera work till the new stock of cameras come in.?
Thank You
Rudy

The only way to know for sure is to try it unfortunately. It’s only a 1.3 megapixel camera, so the image quality would be pretty low, but I see no reason it wouldn’t work with the software.

I can’t see any information about the field of view, and you haven’t mentioned what laser you have, how large it is, or any other specific information, so I have no idea if it would work for your setup.

My son has it and i didn’t know if it would work before i ask him to borrow it. The bed size is 1905mm x 1524mm. Ruida 6445 controller.

Rudy

I suspect the camera would work in LightBurn, but it’s probably too low in resolution and too narrow a field of view to work well for placement. Since he already has it, it wouldn’t hurt to try it.

Thanks for the reply will try tomorrow.

Well I tried it it comes up on Lightburn clear and crisp but will not recognize the pattern.
I tried different heights still does not find it. Waiting on your next shipment of cameras.

Have a great weekend,
Rudy

Can you show a screen shot of what you see in the camera preview?

It took me about 5 tries but it must take an average then it let me proceed. haven’t tried it yet on the laser
but seems to work OK. Going to try a 8 Megapixel Sony IMX179 tomorrow.
Rudy

I tried a 8 Megapixel Sony IMX179 what a difference from the 1.3 megapixel camera and it worked perfect. found it first time. To bad i have to give it back. just borrowing it.

Rudy

My bed is 59" x 72" should I focus the camera on the whole bed during set-up or just a small portion that I am going to use a lot. like 24" x 36" when i am engraving cutting boards.

Thanks
Rudy

The camera has to be pointed at the middle of the bed, as that’s the area where the marker alignment pattern will go. If you’re mostly planning to use it for smaller jobs then there’s no problem zooming in and only using part of the full area.

Thank You.
Rudy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.