Xmas ornaments?

Anyone have links to usable xmas ornaments? I just really lack artistic creativity. I’m a CAD designer and I understand lightburn but I dont have the artsy touch. I’d like to make some things for the kids and family but I’m striking out.

Any suggestions?

I am going to be a bit snarky here, but I think you might have better luck asking google. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve searched Google and saw some things on Etsy and similar sites that’s pretty nice. I dont see any harm in asking here either. Often times users in forums have links to good sites that may not be shown on the first couple pages of Google searches.

I was thinking this: https://www.google.com/search?q=laser+cut+christmas+ornaments+free+vector+patterns&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=lnt&tbs=ic:gray&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRrbvZq5PmAhVDgp4KHQyIDCwQpwUIIw&biw=1339&bih=679&dpr=2

And I set my browser to filter to Black and White images only. There are thousand to choose from. One can even include bitmap images and use the ‘Trace Image’ feature in LightBurn to generate your own vector from an image you like.

1 Like

If you find any, please share!

A quick example of an image found on google, copied and pasted into LightBurn, then ‘Trace Image’ to create vectors, then deleted original image. (honestly, spent more time making this post)

1 Like

That’s helpful. I didnt realize I could filter black and white images. The trace features works well.

1 Like

I might give this a shot sometime this week – If I get around to it, I will post the files.

https://www.christmascentral.com/10-multicolored-laser-cut-hanging-village-scene-christmas-ornament-32916495/

1 Like

I’ve been planning to put together a tutorial video doing exactly this. It’ll take a few days, but keep an eye out for it.

1 Like

A quick little process.

(note: yeah, yeah, I see that my text is not connected so it would fall out, but you get the idea.)

6 Likes

You might want to take a look at GrabCAD, Thingiverse, Youmagine.com or any one of the other usual suspects “free” design sites for some inspiration. There is a ton of stuff out there.

Now that’s the coolest ornament that I’ve seen!! My tree will have some of those hanging on it for sure!
Great job Rick!!

1 Like