XTool D1 Pro and Lightburn capatablity

So you turned off the crosshairs at the same time as you turned off the pointer offset?

Basically, if you want to use crosshairs you need to have the pointer offset. If you want to use the primary laser for framing then disable the offset.

Can you take a screenshot of Edit->Device Settings?

I’ve done the recommended changes and still no luck. I’m not having these issues when using XCS. Actually I’m only having this issue when engraving CYLINDERS. I engrave a flat piece using lightburn and it came out perfect. I tried doing the same on a cylinder using lightburn and it went bonkers

I notice you’re using “User Origin” as the “Start From” mode in Laser window. Are you well familiar with how User Origin functions?

If not, I suggest you use Absolute Coords as that’s the most intuitive mode. User origin can do things like what you originally described if you’re not expecting it.

Are you talking about when using a rotary or something else?

If rotary, that changes the entire conversation.

Yes when using the rotary and chuck

I have the XTool RA2

Was this always the case of has the problem shifted?

Can you describe in detail what you’re attempting to do, what you expect to happen and what’s happening instead?

I’m less familiar with rotary issues but I recall there being a whole mess of issues when xTool released their latest rotary because they changed how the rotary needed to be configured. Are you using RA2 Pro?

Yes RA2 Pro! In light burn everything looks normal when doing the test, it appears it’s going to engrave the project that’s designed. Once I frame and hit start it flips the project whereas the top is not the bottom, the left is the right. I change the orgin and nothing happens meaning it doesn’t correct anything. This only happens when using the Rotary RA 2 Pro. When doing the same project using XCS I have no issues it engraves accordingly.

In rotary setting do you happen to have “mirror output to rotary” on?

Mirror output is off and I’m using the Chuck

Ok, one more thought. What if you rotated the actual rotary 180 degrees?

Did that already

Note that the flipping of design is a known issue for xTool rotaries. I believe there was at least one fix implemented for this but has not reliably addressed this issue.

One thing I’d suggest is to make sure that you’re on the latest firmware if you are not already.

Ok, I tried and out of ideas.

Firmware is up to date

Review this thread… might provide some insight.

Also, have you reviewed the rotary setup guide from xTool?

They specifically mention something about output not mirroring automatically which is interesting:
User Manual for Rotary Attachment 2 (RA2) – xTool

Clicking the mirror output worked but something is causing a skip in the processing. Example this is how is processed the word anniversary.

I see these complaints constantly from the viewers on my YouTube channel. And it’s always from the xTool owners. Text not engraving correctly, layers not engraving uniformly, communication dropping out, etc. It’s always the xTool owners with these problems. And they do not have these problems with XCS. xTool claims their lasers are Lightburn compatible, but I believe they are only partly compatible at best. I started with the xTool D1. You couldn’t give me any xTool laser today. They are the only laser manufacturer I have blocked from advertising on my channel. If they manufactured as well as they market, they’d probably have the best laser on the market. But, they don’t.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.