XTool S1 in Lightburn

Just received my XTool S1 40w Laser. In Lightburn the only way I can move the Laser with the Move arrows, Auto Focus, or Frame is if I have the lid closed. It is a real pain to have to open and close the lid when Framing and re-positioning the wood. When I use the S1 in Xtools Propriety XTool Creative Space software I can perform these tasks with the lid open. Is there a setting or something in Lightburn that will enable me to perform the above tasks with the lid open? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’m also bothered by closing and opening the lid when focusing the material.
I’ve also noticed that the commpresor is not working at full power when cutting in Auto mode.

Lightburn tech support got back to me and they are hoping to get their hands on an S1. Once in hand they should be able to support the functions of this laser better.
As far as the compressor is concerned I didn’t expect Lightburn to support the variable speed feature, at least not at this time. XTools XCS software has a setting for controlling the speed of the air assist depending on whether you are cutting, or engrqaving. Lightburn has no support of this S1 feature, at least at this time. I just manually set the speed of the air assist. At least Lightburn turns the air assist on and off as needed.

That’s awesome David, great news. I didnt expect lightburn to support variable speed, but would be nice if it would runn at full speed when enabled in lightburn. How did you manualy set the compressor speed?

Best regards, Matej

I just left the Air Assist Pump on Auto and when it kicked on I just dialed it up to 4. The fact that it turns on automatically prevents me from forgetting to turn it on. When I hear it activate I just crank it up. It would be really nice if Lightburn supported different air speeds for various chores such as cutting or engraving. Let’s see how it plays out.

If you look at the lid it has a piece of rubber/magnet on both sides of the lid, just place a magnet where that touchs on the S1, than the lid can stay open while framing , works for me

Wow! Thanks so much. What a great tip.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.