Xtool s1 only fires at 100% power

no matter what i set the setting too the laser wont fire anything less then 100% i read other forums that said to change the $30 and i did with no effect

$30 has to be the same as S-Value Max in the device settings.

The only other thing I can think of is measure the pwm voltage to the laser… if correct, it’s the laser module, otherwise the control board has an issue.

:smile_cat:

Only if your laser firmware is superior to 004
click Devices

and import the following file:
xTOOL_S1_V2.lbdev (3.8 KB)

where do i find the s value max? i dont see anything in device settings

and just run the laser off this device instead?

Of course.

:smile_cat:

i have looked through device setting multiple times and cannot find anything that look like s value

well i used that programing and nothing changed we tried the xtool software and i had some power controll but with lightburn still nothing has changed

You have to select the newly created device and have here the S-value max.

looks like i dont have that entire set of setting

That’s not the device I posted.

im embarrassed to say that your device works great i originally was walking my girlfriend through the steps and she uploaded the device but didnt switch to it thanks and sorry for confusion

1 Like

Why do you have your width set to 508 vs the normal 498?

Also, do you not use the xTool device profile? Looks like you’re still using a custom one?

This is a original XTool S1 .lbdev with their definitions.
Your is 40W.

Understood! I still have a horrible time getting the 1.7 profile to cut and engrave the same way I have it set up in 1.6, so I’m trying to see as many different settings as people have I can. And it looks like that other thread we had going was removed :frowning:

im now back an issue because the device you had me use wont cut squares and i originally had this issue when i used the xtool reccomended device

For me on my Xtool S1 40 watt I have trouble using lightburn each time i start a project. If i delete the laser profile then re-install it all my issues go away. Anybody know why this might be happening. Mostly power control issues. Framing at what appears to be 100% as well as project will not have power control. Once I disconnect, delete profile, re-install and reconnect will it work just fine. Kind of a pain having to re-install laser each time I use it.

Tony J

it seemed to correct the issue by me by changing devices and then back again it sounds like theres a ton of bug becaus the laser is so “new” i just got mine about 2 months ago and im starting to have regret it

bpawloski So you have similar issues?

Tony J