9/21 UPDATED RANT - Imported Chinese laser, WAIT! or it will co$t YOU BIG

The good thing if there can be something good about our damaged laser… I’d that we had a great insurance policy Taken in this shipment.

1 Like

Sasquatch,
our big 2-head laser works fine under Lightburn. It’s only the older Goldenlaser that doesn’t.
Our crate when we imported looked like yours, and the plywood box was dented and cracked a bit, but the frame inside had enough airgap, to protect the contents which had been really well protected. The tubes were beneath the table, jammed where they were very safe.

Total costs to to get through customs and out, plus tarrifs etc, added close enough to 50% to what we paid the factory. That was 2 years ago. Good machine.

@Stewey. Our additional costs are 70.01% over the sales price of the laser unit.

Your additional costs were before President Trump told China where they can stick it! And stick it they did to us… still more cost effective then anything in the states. No complaints. I’d do it over again .

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

Sas, I wonder what’s next. is your cutter in working condition?
Does your Insurance, in such cases, fix damaged goods or covers full refund? I would hate being in your situation and it seems you are handling this situation admirably.

May I ask who you bought your laser from?

Yup,

I would buy from them again and again. What happened to us was not their fault, it was the US customs , Trump China Trade War Tariffs, COVID19 and US Government employees that could not care any less about their jobs and just poor timing on our part. As I said before we started this process long before all the aforementioned variables when things with China were good.

The laser machine is built of the highest quality parts and their craftsmanship is impeccable. The steel gauge of the cabinet is thicker then any others I’ve seen.

Anyway here is the link to their website

http://www.zingcnclaser.com/productshow-laser_engraving_cutting_machine_z6040_z9060_z1390

I bought through Alibaba.com so that I can get buyer protection. Also make sure you get top insurance …it is not as experience you might think it was only $50 . It was that policy that saved our butt on all damage.

If you contact them talk to a Lisa and tell her P. Telio sent you . She is very responsive and will help you customize your entire machine.

Good Luck

Sasquatch

1 Like

lol I LOVE how they photoshopped their logo on the building!

1 Like

You weren’t supposed to notice that…:joy:

And you changed your avatar image as well :wink:

But please tell us how you like the new machine! Do you have it up and running?

Will report back soon, I am waiting for some parts to come in from China to replace this damage

Emergency stop button is busted, few others are shattered and my Amp meter is broke.

I have to wait a lil longer, also settling with the insurance company

Cheers

1 Like

bummer… also damage on the controls.
Thought only the platework.

Patience is a virtue :slight_smile: (as it seems)

The good thing in this whole,thing(hard to believe that there is a good thing) is that we are expecting a $4,400 check from the insurance company and the Chinese factory will be sending us the replacement parts free of charge we only have to pay for shipping.

It will all work,out in the end.

1 Like

Change the topic then! I won’t cost you BIG anymore :wink:

It’s a company who deals with 2D cutters - what other app they should have been using?
:grinning:

Nice Catch.

Scary!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not scary at all …the small stuff the broke off and the touch up paint can be sent in a small parcel via International overnight DHL . It’s more of a pain In the —— — then anything. The Reci laser tubes 150watt and 80 watt are visually OK. We have 1 year in the tubes and 3 year warranty on everything else.

If the shipment parcel is under $500 no customs :customs: problems

Sasquatch

At least they used perspective in their overlay

I just bought my 6090 from a small company in China. Xining. I also went through Alibaba for the protection.

Did you clear customs yourself or did you use a broker? Im thinking of trying to clear it myself

Hi @Kabal I used a broker. The brokers get preferential treatment . Similar to going before a judge representing yourself vs. having a lawyer.

They are also very well versed in dealing with challenges that pop up and how to best deal with them.

They file all the paperwork. They have to file a document before the ship arrives in port if it’s not filed properly or on time the US Customs :customs: fine is $5000 .

Here is who we used

World Class Shipping
371 Merrick Road Suite 305

Rockville Centre, New York, 11570
516-568-8861 ext. 410
Direct: 516-204-4063
24 hour cell: 631-935-2909
Email: kyle.h@wcscargo.com
www.wcscargo.com
[www.worldclassshipping.com

Tell Kyle P. Telio sent you .

Cheers and good luck and may the US Customs take it easier on your shipment then They did ours.

Take out a BIG insurance policy on everything. Look at our policy above it was not expensive but have all the terminology and conditions spelled out so that they don’t offer you a case of crazy glue and 3 rolls of duct tape as compensation if something goes wrong.

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

My Laser is hitting port on the 16th of this month, wish me luck, I also went with a broker and am glad I did. There is so much involved its worth the extra cost