A40640 80W doesnt cut

CUT- 100% Speed-100-500.lbrn (64.0 KB)

There you go :slight_smile:
Youā€™ll have to do a second line once the first line of test is done, and youā€™ll just add another pass on each layer, and so on.

As for the times below each form, I just untick the ā€œsendā€ button and leave only the concerned shape, and hit the ā€œshow meā€ (screen icon) button. That way I have the exact timing for each particular value. Youā€™ll have to do this manually for your 2nd line.

Donā€™t forget to have your test board a bit elevated (mine is 3mm above the workpane) so that the laser can go though easily and some space remains between the bed and the board

2 Likes

That is true but Neje gives a 10k-20k hours of module life. Granted this might be a bit boastful, but most companies donā€™t even give a lifespan and this is actually a very good clue as to what the moduleā€™s quality is. I think that this particular module is quite sturdy even if you run it always at 100% (which you donā€™t since you also engrave, not only cut).
But it is better to run at 80% or so, to make it last as long as possible (my guess is that youā€™ll have upgraded to a more efficient module anyway, by then^^)

I also find 150 mm/min at 100% to work nicely on 3mm birch plyā€¦

The heart-tree was cut at 150 mm/min to insure all tiny bits dropped out cleanly and all the rest of the pieces were cut at 200 mm/min. Air-assist was used on all of themā€¦

I also found that small 40mm x 40mm x 11mm CPU heatsinks can be used to support the material nicelyā€¦ permitting good airflow and easily distributed around to support almost any shape or size workpiece. They are available in packages of 10 heatsinks from several vendors and solve a sometimes nagging problem.

ā€“ David

2 Likes

Thank you a lot

Crafty solution!
Thanks for the data. Iā€™m starting to get the itch to upgrade my module :thinking:

I have some 5mm molybdenum magnets that I sit my material on. They are small and I can move them anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jWuXzXloGLM4SaT4mvJewW__TnwuwZ2I/view?usp=sharing

Good air flow even with the door open. Works much better with the door cracked about an inch.

:smiley_cat:

I use this type of metal ā€œsheetā€: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B079VPFH41

I cut a frame out of a larger piece of plywood and screwed it between that a some feet.

1 Like

After a few days of playing with the Neje A40640 laser module and the CPU heat sink supports, Iā€™m quite pleased with the results Iā€™m seeingā€¦

The heat sinks are easy to spread around to support workpieces of various shapes/sizes and I also use a bunch of ceramic magnets to use as spacers/stops and additional support for overhanging sheet.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a big demand for air assist for the new AtomStack X7 that just came out, and most people donā€™t have the ability to 3D print. Do you mind if I send them your way when they ask about it? Iā€™m sure $20 would be fair (or whatever you deem) for the 3D printed parts.

I assume you are talking to me since I posted above about my printed air-assist for Neje lasersā€¦

I donā€™t have any AtomStack modules/drawings to get critical dimensioins from. If you can point me to some dimensioned photos/drawings Iā€™ll be happy to take a look but all the photos I see have everything surrounded by a shroud/shield that hides all the module details.

1 Like

To be honest I think itā€™s the same module, just rebranded as AtomStack. Looks similar but might not be. I see lots of people asking about it and no one has an air assist solution. Maybe they can connect with you and you back and forth. It would go great on an Etsy store.

1 Like

Looking around I found thisā€¦ not printed but a reasonable DIY air-assist solution for AtomStack X7 Pro already exists

2 Likes

Nice find! Iā€™m sure itā€™ll help others.

1 Like

Great job! I would have preferred if you had moved this to a new thread. Your work is too good to be wasted on this stupid thread!

3 Likes

I was simply going by the titleā€¦ to show otherwise. And, thanks for the kind wordsā€¦

1 Like

Well, itā€™s your bits, but that it really does cut was pretty well established 40 or so posts agoā€¦
This thread is destined to my dustbin.

This is a diode not a tube. I working with neje and other diode laser for years . Most of the time 100% power and adjusted the speed for it, never had any issue or worn out or power lossā€¦i use jobs that run 3,5 hours non stop. So no worries it will stand. And for diode better to use mm/min instead of sec.

1 Like

Hello Willi, I bought one and it should come tomorrow (December 2nd), Iā€™m curious. ā€¦ here the address on Etsy - greetings Robby1 Air Assist fĆ¼r den Atomstack Laser Modul M50 | Etsy

1 Like

ŠŸŠ¾ŠæрŠ¾Š±ŃƒŠ¹Ń‚Šµ Š²Š²ŠµŠ“ŠøтŠµ Š² ŠæŠ¾Š»Šµ S value max. Š—Š½Š°Ń‡ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ 1000 Š²Š¼ŠµŃŃ‚Š¾ 255

Like to look but get this from the link

Screenshot from 2021-12-04 14-58-12

:smiley_cat:

1 Like