Are limit switches really necessary for installing a camera?

Hello,

I want to buy a camera for my sculpfun S10 but i read somewhere that i must have limit switches installed in the first place. Is this really necessary?

Thanks alot in advance and happy New Year to all!

No, these two things are not related, but are nice to have, both.
For me personally, it was more important that time to get Limit Switch to my diode laser, then came the camera.

1 Like

How would the item on the camera be aligned to the workspace if the origin of the workspace changes?

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Ok I’m wrong, sorry :expressionless:

1 Like

Yes, those are required. The camera feature assigns camera pixels to workspace coordinates, which need to be the same all the time. So, in theory, you can work without limit switches, but you would need to make sure to have the same starting position all the time. In daily usage, this is impractical, and therefore limit switches are considered to be required. Some background info: Using a camera with a diode laser - Diode Laser Wiki

Adding limit switches to the S10 is straightforward and can be done in a matter of minutes. You don’t need to buy the official kit, but can choose any switches you can get hold of: Limit Switches - Diode Laser Wiki

2 Likes

Τhank you all for your input, much appreciated!

I already ordered a pair of sculpfun limit switches from Geekbuying and after i install them successfully i will proceed purchasing the sculpfun camera.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.