Best settings of Lightburn on NEJE master 2s MAX

Hi guys
I was guessing if some of you had found the best settings for running Lightburn on a NEJE master 2S Max. The machine fully support the software but I’m pretty sure that some settings can be changed to better perform in cutting and engraving.

let me know if some of you had some experience with that…thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same machine but i can’t find a way to set it up correctly. With the neje software everything is fine but in lightburn even when I set it to 100% power it is something like 1%. I have the 30W diode. And also the homing does not work. I know that there are other topics on this but can’t find where to make the settings. Also in the GRBL flush I set the lowest bundrate.

2 Likes

Sorry, but perform better that what? What are you trying to cut or engrave? What are your current settings? You have not told us much to go on here.

1 Like

Have you had the chance to review this? Common GRBL/GCode Setups - LightBurn Software Documentation

Here are a couple resources everyone with a NEJE should review:

https://www.northlakeswoodwork.com/blog/2020/12/26/lightburn-setup-for-neje-master-2s

Rick, you are right, sorry.

Introduction: I’m running the laser on a Mac, at the first moment I’ve downloaded the Neje software but in the meanwhile i was waiting the machine I’ve start using Lightburn. When I’ve installed the neje software it excluded automatically Lightburn and I had to download it again. Did this I’ve tried to connect the laser to Lightburn and after many attempt I was able to do that ( also today when I connect it it takes some trials to connect but after this it works fine).
I’ve checked some video on YouTube finding out one of a guy from Slovenia, thinking that he was right I’ve changed the machine settings but I find out that some of that settings was wrong for me so I re change that settings and now the machine is not failing at positioning.

coming back at the point I’ve focused the laser and start trying to cut some 4 mm plywood but in some points, with 100% power and 300 mm/min 5 passes it was’t able to cut trough! And it took a lot of time to do also simple things like the laser is not at its whole power.

@Rick thank you for the help you can give me. These are my current machine settings…

@NEJE_Laser can you help me with this please? Thanks!

I have the NEJE master 2 plus 30W and today I was trying to cut black acrylic using 10 ms 100% power several passes and wouldn’t go through the 3 mm so I used NEJE software with same settings and cut the acrylic in 2 passes.

1 Like

Hi Rick, thanks for posting - I’ve followed the instructions (I have NEJE Master 2S 30W) running on a mac, and I am having significant problems still - so everything is burning out, and the only thing that seems to be working is the homing.

Summer of problems:
User Origin does not work at all
Lots of Alarm warnings in Console
Won’t print at all now
Everything showing as a mirror image

I’m in trouble by the look of it :slight_smile: I’ve had the laser 3 days now and still not had a successful pass.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The Updated instructions from the nice folks at North Lakes Woodwork is the most complete instructions we have found for these NEJE systems.

It does work, or we would have many members reporting an issue. To get you started, you will want to run in ‘Absolute Coords’ and read about why here: Coordinates and Job Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation

If you share the “warnings” you are getting, we can review.

We will need much more detail to help you with this statement.

Where do you have the Machine Origin set? Should be lower-left.

I would suggest you have a read through our new documentation as it can provide much of what you are after. LightBurn Software Documentation

Replying to myself :slight_smile:
After playing with the settings reducing the speed to 3ms and power to 85% would cut black acrylic in 2 passes (3 to make sure) and same settings and 4 passes with red acrylic (5 to make sure). Checked the speed on the NEJE’s software and they are slower than it says, I burned a 100mm line at 10ms with Lightburn and was 10 seconds then the same with NEJE’s software and was more than 40 seconds even I had set to 10ms.

Can you clarify your speed settings? I’m new to lightburn, and it looks like you can basically choose mm/sec, mm/min, etc. When you say “3ms” what do you mean in terms of Lightburn settings? I’ve seen “3ms” on the Neje app, but i don’t want to use that.

You chose in Lightburn if you want to use millimeters per second or per minute in settings I believe (I’m at work and don’t have lightburn installed on this computer), for example 10 m/s is the same as 600 m/m. After checking speeds I realized the software that came with Neja was running slower, if you new you should start keeping notes how fast and power you use with different material, wood (type of wood and I use baking soda), tile (sprayed painted), acrylic (different colors and ‘no can’t do clear’), etc.

Very interesting what you find out!!
Thanks

Hi, I have the same machine as yours, NEJE MASTER 2 S PLUS, and i’m looking for tutorial on, how to install lightburn, can you help me?

check this out, it’s quite clear!
Only PLEASE DON’T change any machine settings as he do!

Really is not much to do, download Lightburn and install, open program and on the bottom on the right you will see “device”, COM. Just click device and I believe will auto detect as well your port. If you have problems let me know and when I get home I will screenshot my settings.

I already installed the program, the problem is that the orientation is all disoriented, how to fix the orientation of the laser?
does this version have homing sensors?
when the laser is moving it makes a strange noise.
With Neje software everything works fine.