After much trial and error, playing with settings, reading forum discussions, etc., I am now able to directly control my Neje Master 2 laser with Lightburn. I’m posting a new thread here to help folks searching ‘ze Googles’ for a solution.
Things that work:
- Windows and Mac
- PWM / Varying power settings in a single file
- Dithering, greyscale, etc.
- Bouncing back and forth between Lightburn and Neje software
- Pretty much everything except…
Things that don’t work:
- Homing - Maybe the Neje is wired incorrectly. Maybe it’s that z-axis appears to be enabled and a limit error is thrown sometimes. Maybe I needed to give up on homing to retain my sanity. Either way, it returns to origin after each burn completes, so I’m much less likely to destroy my belts when if I forget to reposition on startup.
These steps have been replicated by 3 different folks, so they seem to be repeatable.