Brand new Ortur 15w laser master now fires weak light only after 10 successful tests

Hi there !
Same problem than Jimpylaser [Jim Thornton] described in his topic " Ortur 15w laser master was working but now fires weak light only".
I bought the device from Gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/goods/pp_009731781853.html?lang=en&wid=1101231&utm_source=email_sys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GB_GB_orderCreate_200825) on August, 24th (Poland warehouse) and I received it on the 28th in France (that was fast !!!).
I did some test this morning and everything works fine the 10 first minutes then the laser emits only very low light and no engraving even at max power.
The laser module ref is LU 15W batch 20C11.
Does the laser module needs replacement ?

I opened a ticket on Gearbest to get support.

Thank you very much for your help.

GL

I am having the exact same problem. Only had one successful test. have you gotten any feedback from gearbest? Thats where I purchased aswell.

Same issue as you opened ticket with gearbest

No reply from Gearbest for the moment but the ticket was only issued 8hours ago

Could you guys contect Ortur at support@ortur3dprinter.com?

Warranty and support is given by Ortur not Gearbest (at least to get answers in a timely fashion)

Aditionally, if you guys could
Greetings Brittany

Use the attached file, and run it
While it runs take a small video clip so you can send to the email provided
Or upload videe you youtube if easier and send the link

Ortur power Test.lbrn (44.7 KB)

Thank you

Hi,
your email address is not working. I tried twice and received the same error message:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720[ortur3dprinters.com) [174.139.178.130](http : // 174.139.178.130): timed out]

Here is my message with the link to download the video:

Dear Ortur tech,

I performed the test with your power test file.

You can download the video by following the link https://we.tl/t-hdrvKGoylw

I only recorded 1min30s.

You can see that there is no light at the beginning and when the light appears, the power is very low so there is no burn on the cardboard.

You can see on the left of the video the successful tests I performed this morning.

Thank you for your prompt support.

Best regards,

GL

Greetings Lius

Clearly seems a degraded module
Could you please email me (i had a typo on the first email i am sorry)
support@ortur3dprinter.com (not printers.com)

so i can send you form for replacement

Regards

Hi,
I sent the email and filled the form for replacement.
I also sent the image of the laser module with the reference number.
There was a mistake on my address but I sent the corrected information.

Could you please confirm that you received all the requested information from me ?
Thank you.

Kind regards,

GL

All recieved and forward to the propper deparment

Ariel should reach out asap.

Personally i only do client facing support, so dont have access to the complexities on the backoffice but Ariel will respond.

REgards

I just ordered one of these in the 20w and I’m thinking about cancelling the order now. Are these issues that common? Also Ortur, assuming that is a bad model how long will it take you to replace or resolve the issue?

Well Considering you are in a support forum, you will be majorily Support inquires
So theres a implicit skew of posts that are reporting problems

Currently Ortur is showing a under 1% failure rate, this is all encompassing, which i find to be quite a good figure by any manufacturing standard.

Regarding replacements delivery, depends.
I am not 100% sure as i only do customer facing support and not fulfillment but ortur offers free shipping and express shipping.
Free shipping being the slowest i believe it depends on destination but a few weeks.

1 Like

Hi there,
I received a bad laser module with my purchase of orthur engraver.
Support very efficient and quick.
New laser module sent and received few days ago.
I installed it and did some tests to confirm it worked well.
Don’t worry about quality and support !
Thank you Orthur.

2 Likes

Hi all I’m also experiencing this as well with my Ortur LM 15w. I bought it from Gearbest and they gave me a major run around to replace the laser unit. I’m trying to get help from Ortur but replies are spaced days apart and if I can’t get resolved by Wed I have to file complaint with paypal to get my money back and return. I read on other forums these are issues lately with them. Sad cause I now know my machine back and front.

Very disappointed with Gearbest and now struggling with Ortur as well with lengthy time to respond. Ortur sent me a test file to burn and I burnt it on a thin wood coaster and video’d it. Sadly nothing burnt at all the entire test. The laser was firing the entire time too but no results? But a week ago I could burn everything … What happened? It’s like overnight this thing lost power somewhere?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.