Engraving a picture, laser shuts down in about 3 to 4 minutes

The Ortur machine, if powered, acts as though it is connected, even when the USB isn’t active - they don’t reset the controller when the USB connects like most other systems do, so you have to power cycle the Ortur itself.

Hi, I also opened a ticket with Ortur, they said they are getting a lot of calls on this issue and suggested that I ground the machine, so I made a ground wire and connected to a ground and my Ortur Laser Master 2 frame. So far it is working I have done three 20 minute images without any issues. Still testing. Grounding the machine seems to resolve the issues. I will try engraving some longer jobs and let you know.

1 Like

I’ve heard similar from a couple different users - one said he was getting static buildup from the X axis belt moving back & forth badly enough that when it discharged it made a visible arc and rebooted his PC. It would be nice if it turned out to be this simple to fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.