Etching Problem

Shiloh Snowman.lbrn (979.3 KB)

I am using 1/4" clear acrylic with paper of face to make this ornament. The first etching is to allow me to paint the hat, eyes, buttons black. The next removes paper for nose to be orange. The last etching is to frost the body of the snowman.

Here is the problem. When I do the last etching to frost the body of the snowman, it goes over the buttons and eyes, removing the black I painted in the first place. Is there a way to keep the last etching from going over the eyes and buttons?

You need to add “holes” to the fill for the green layer where the eyes and buttons are. The simplest way is to duplicate the buttons and the eyes, and make the copies green. It’s easier to see why if you look at your layers side by side:

With the buttons and eyes copied to the green layer too, you get this:
image image

very fine example, it should go in it learning exercises like “snowman-fill-effect” :+1:

Thank you so much! I was confusing myself with all that was going on. This worked like a charm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.