Eyes are fully black

Hi,

Can someone help me with the eyes of an animal. I want black eyes with white pupils. How do i do that?

Thanks for the help!

greetz,
Karel

Welcome and thanks for posting your question. The following are worth reviewing to best understand how LightBurn uses boundaries to toggle the fill on and off. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for the info! Iā€™ll try to remember those settings :slight_smile:
I puzzled a little bit and came to a reasonable result :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just me but it would be nice if you could click on an area and be able to fill or unfill.

Filling a shape is known as a ā€˜Cut Settingā€™, as it defines how you want this part to be processed. This is set in the ā€˜Cuts / Layersā€™ or ā€˜Cut Settings Editorā€™ windows, where the entirety of the cut settings option are exposed. Providing some click-on-shape for onscreen filling would still require the balance of the available settings to be presented is some way. This could be very confusing; disconnecting the workspace visual presentation from the settings required to produce the lasing job successfully. We default to the wireframe view to avoid shapes being hidden or covered by other shapes. Designing for laser output is different from designing for print or web presentation. One example, a designer might use a white filled shape to ā€œpunch a holeā€ in another shape when designing for print/web. This concept does not transfer well to Laser production. Another would be designing with different Line Weight settings. The laser beam is a set size, which knows nothing of a fatter or thinner line. One would need to define what the laser should do when presented with this line. How to fill the space that makes up said fatter line would need to be defined in some way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for info. Just seemed to me if you can change the fill by doing offsets that it could be automated. But Iā€™m no programmer, just a user that struggles with the ever changing fill reversals.

If willing, help us understand what you mean, ā€œever changing fill reversalsā€?

Like adding a cut line to the outside then inverts the fill. Then I mess with offsets to get fill back the way it was. It would be nice to just do something like this.

Watching, I see an image trace, going from a bitmap to vector, then vector path edits to remove unwanted elements of the original. LightBurn also offers an Image Trace feature.

I do not see anything to do will filling shapes actions.

So SVG on left is what I want, but I want to do an outside cut like on right but donā€™t want the inverted image on right. How do I get a cut and keep the fill the same? Some kind of reverse fill option isnā€™t feasible?

If I am understanding you correctly.

Duplicate the outline of the butterfly, put it on a different layer and set that layer to ā€˜lineā€™

So, duplicate instead of offset?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.