Few issues with new features in 9.17

Have a issue with the new Tool layers.

1. they do not show up as T1 and T2, I get two new layers called 30 and 31.
  2. If I add a box to either of the new layers 30 or 31 its mode type is not TOOL it defaults to FILL.
  3. When using the macro USE LASER I used to get a series of OK acknowledgements , but now I get nothing other than “Stream Complete”.

Anyone else or Dev know why?

Which OS, and which controller?

I’m also curious which version you upgraded from? This seems like it might be a weird incompatibility with a very old preferences file.

The ok’s changing to ‘Stream Complete’ is expected and normal, by the way. If you turn on the ‘Show All’ flag you should see all the instructions go through, and the ok’s for them. We just changed how they’re sent so they’re less likely to lock up the UI on failure or a long pause, like if one was a homing command.

Win10 latest updates, X-Controller. Everything still works, just weirdness with the new layers.
Upgraded from the 9.16 pre-release you sent me to 9.17.

@nickm324 can you go to Help > Generate Support Data and then paste the copied data into an email to support [at] lightburnsoftware [dot] com ?
Since you said you had a pre-release I think it’s a preferences file issue somehow. That will include your prefs.ini file that I can inspect.

Looks like a bunch base64 encoded something, but its sent.

Thanks! Will check it out.

Weird thing is when I add two box to the grid and set those boxes one to each of the layers 30 and 31 they show up in the Cut/Layer dialog as T1 and T2.

Been getting these a lot also. This was caused by just simply adding a image to the layer 31 and then trying to select it.

Also not getting any of the masking features. This is a screen shot following the new video how to use the masking feature. I have added a photo, then click layer 30 (T1) in my case, drawn a box and then right clicked to access the mask feature which is not there. And they are not in the Tool menu either. Now that I think of it thats probably because my T1 and T2 layers are not working correctly and have no TOOL mode.

Yeah - it’s likely the tool issue.
So, yeah - your prefs file is kinda screwed up and likely because you had a non-release version. We do our best to prevent this from happening but that’s from release version to release version. And I know that the prefs for the tool stuff changed a bunch over the time I was writing it.

But looking at your prefs, the problem is, in fact that for some reason the tool layers are set to the “Fill” type.

Tell you what… in LightBurn goto File > Open prefs folder.
Then upload your prefs.ini here and I’ll fix it for you :wink:

I technically have the data from the file in that data dump you sent, unfortunately my exporter mangled the data and it would be a royal pain to convert it back into the correct format. I’ll fix that for the future, but you sending me the file right now is faster :wink:

How do I upload it here?

Bah - sorry. I always forget that. Just add it as another message on the email you already sent to support and I’ll get it from there :slight_smile:

File attached to previous email chain and sent.

Recieved, fixed, and returned. Let me know if you still have any issues.

Ok that appears to have fixed those issues.
Now I have one other issue, either I am not doing it correctly (I followed the video) or something else is still wrong.
When I add an image, select T1 and draw a box and the right click and select apply mask everything appears to be working correctly. But when I click the display button the mask is not being honored correctly and the WHOLE image is being included in the display. If you look at the image the black areas on the both the left and right are the actaully full size image and the masked part is being included inside of it. The masked area looks correct but the underlying image should not be included.

This is the image and box on T1 and the masking removed.

Arg - ok, it’s a prefs file thing again. Works fine for me but if I load yours it breaks…
I’m trying now to figure out what’s breaking it.
I’m half tempted to ask you to just clear your prefs completely… and reload a backup of your device profile. Not yet though…

3 posts were split to a new topic: Bars on image in threshold mode