Help connecting Bridge

GOT IT! What a PAIN IN THE …:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.
Just hoping it stays connected. I had to figure out how to get it disconnected from my 5Ghz connection- I blacklisted it. Then rebooted the Pi without the SD" card and then again with the SD card, Then it started broadcasting the Lightburn wifi. I connected to it then had to unblacklist it from my wifi router and connect it to my guest network which I have now set to only 2.4 Ghz. I still had to try about 15 times to get the wifi to connect, but finally got it. I’m hoping this is not a problem with the Pi itself because that means it will continue to be an issue, but right at this moment it is working and I just sent a quick file to the laser via wifi. Thank you all for you help these last couple days!

2 Likes

BTW- yes, I was trying to connect to the Wifi Config address but it would not connect until I blacklisted it and got it off my network.

Well done. Very gratifying.

2 Likes

If the router or the Pi are powered down, it might come back with a different IP address, so if it ever does disconnect, go to Edit > Device Settings in LightBurn, and click the ‘Scan’ button next to the IP address. That will rescan for it without doing anything else, and it won’t lose any of your device config or other settings.

ok - thanks

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bridge plus Ruida remote app?

so I guess I’m having. slightly different problem. I got it up and working. I just made a few cuts and engravings and it worked fine. but now when I try to send to the laser, I click Start and nothing happens. the Ruida controller looks like it is working. The run time in the bottom starts counting, but the laser does nothing. If I try to send again, I get the " There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused." message because it thinks it is running the file. If I look at the Ruida controller, sure enough, the run time is counting. I’ve checked the door magnet and its not that. I have the chiller and air running… and anyway, I’m not getting an error that those are at issue. it just is not running. when I check my wifi, Lighburn Bridge is connected. ??? any ideas?

It definitely has to do with the Bridge. I just reconnected with my USB and switched devices to the Ruida (USB connection) and it works fine.

go to the IP of your bridge in a browser and take a screenshot of the dashboard that shows up, then share it here please :slight_smile:

still having the same issue. the ruida controller on my machine start the timer as if it is cutting, but nothing happens.

if I plug in with my USB, it works, but not with the raspberry pi. but I had it working initially.

Can you open 192.168.68.116 in a browser and take a screenshot?

Also, please confirm that 192.168.68.116 is what you configured for the IP address of the Bridge in your Ruida configuration.

If this has changed, change the configuration to match the new IP. Then suggest you investigate how to setup a static IP for your bridge on your wifi router. This would normally be near the DHCP server settings.

You need to ‘bind’ the mac address of the Lightburn Bridge to the IP address in the routers dhcp.

This will ensure it will always be given the proper address no matter what order the ‘other’ devices on the lan renew or get added.

:smiley_cat:

I’m not quite sure I follow. This is the original address that I started with and it has not changed. It is always 192.168.68.116 every time I start up the raspberry Pi… but I set the Ruida IP address to 10.0.3.3

I have no idea what this means. How do I “bind” the Mac address of the lightburn bridge to the IP address in the router?

He just means make the IP address static on your network. Telling your router to always give that IP address to that device so it doesn’t change on you. But if it’s not changing then don’t worry about it for now.

ok- here is a screen shot, but now it is working.
I will try to take a screenshot when it stops working.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure that it hadn’t changed as it could explain why it wasn’t able to communicate.

Setting a static IP would be less pressing in that case.

This will be most telling I think. I suspect your wifi connection may still be posing a challenge for the Bridge.