Help connecting Bridge

Raspberry Pi4. I tried connecting to the 2.4 GHz and that did not work either

Well, itā€™s probably not an issue with the SD card if it worked in the house but not in the shop. Youā€™re probably just dealing with signal attenuation.

Youā€™ll need to find a way to improve the signal to the Pi. Can you move one of the mesh nodes into the shop?

Agreed. Flashing the card will not help here.
You absolutely should be sticking to a 2.4Ghz network though.

ok- Iā€™ll give this a shot.

can you please delete my IP address from your post?

Thatā€™s an internal IP so shouldnā€™t be a problem. Iā€™ll delete the message but people will still be able to see it in the edits.

Admin should be able to delete it in full.

After some quick searching I found that you cannot use the @ character in your password. Does your current wifi password contain @ ?

So I moved around my mesh hubs and I have it connected to my wifi but it is on my 5Ghz. I want to switch it to my 2.4Ghz but it does not seem to be broadcasting LightburnBridge for me to connect to so that I can switch it over to my other network. Now what? :disappointed_relieved:

the Wifi config AP mode is independent of your home network. You should still be able to choose a 2.4Ghz network to connect to.

It is not showing up in my possible wifi connections either from phone or computer and I canā€™t connect to it if I try to type in the IP address directly.

I admit, Iā€™m a little confused by that.
Which IP address? the 192.168.42.1 address of the WiFi config or the IP of the Pi after itā€™s connected to your network already?

GOT IT! What a PAIN IN THE ā€¦:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.
Just hoping it stays connected. I had to figure out how to get it disconnected from my 5Ghz connection- I blacklisted it. Then rebooted the Pi without the SD" card and then again with the SD card, Then it started broadcasting the Lightburn wifi. I connected to it then had to unblacklist it from my wifi router and connect it to my guest network which I have now set to only 2.4 Ghz. I still had to try about 15 times to get the wifi to connect, but finally got it. Iā€™m hoping this is not a problem with the Pi itself because that means it will continue to be an issue, but right at this moment it is working and I just sent a quick file to the laser via wifi. Thank you all for you help these last couple days!

2 Likes

BTW- yes, I was trying to connect to the Wifi Config address but it would not connect until I blacklisted it and got it off my network.

Well done. Very gratifying.

2 Likes

If the router or the Pi are powered down, it might come back with a different IP address, so if it ever does disconnect, go to Edit > Device Settings in LightBurn, and click the ā€˜Scanā€™ button next to the IP address. That will rescan for it without doing anything else, and it wonā€™t lose any of your device config or other settings.

ok - thanks

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bridge plus Ruida remote app?

so I guess Iā€™m having. slightly different problem. I got it up and working. I just made a few cuts and engravings and it worked fine. but now when I try to send to the laser, I click Start and nothing happens. the Ruida controller looks like it is working. The run time in the bottom starts counting, but the laser does nothing. If I try to send again, I get the " There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused." message because it thinks it is running the file. If I look at the Ruida controller, sure enough, the run time is counting. Iā€™ve checked the door magnet and its not that. I have the chiller and air runningā€¦ and anyway, Iā€™m not getting an error that those are at issue. it just is not running. when I check my wifi, Lighburn Bridge is connected. ??? any ideas?

It definitely has to do with the Bridge. I just reconnected with my USB and switched devices to the Ruida (USB connection) and it works fine.

go to the IP of your bridge in a browser and take a screenshot of the dashboard that shows up, then share it here please :slight_smile: